black and yellow painted rims

71dusterjon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i forget who the member is with the black and yellow rims on a red rc cab. just wanted to ask cuz i forgot when i spoke to them, if the yellow went all the way to the lip or not. thanks

GADodgetech said:
That'd be wolfram ;)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

what do you guys think would look better using same style of color scheme as wolfram:

gloss black and red
satin and red
flat black and red

should i do gloss red of flat red since the wheels will be flat black? I talked to my painter and he's asking$30 for color matched gloss red.

i would do flat because the "Flat" is jus a clear that is flat and the satin in jus paint with no other protection

If you're going black or for the black painted sections, Satin - 100%. IMO (as I did 2 samples on my own rims), Flat black is too grey, same colour almost as the tires themselves when they are dull and dry. Satin on the other hand is just right. Good deep black finish, matches the tires and in my case, the black exterior paint perfectly. Gloss is too shiny and "cheap" looking in my opinion. It makes the tire sidewalls look very grey/dull compared to the bright glossy rims. With tire polish this contrast is lessoned albeit slightly but every other day, not so much. That's my opinion anyhow. Mine is Satin (below). Good luck with your choice and be sure to post some photos when you're done!! ;)

Cheers!

TheBatram01.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back