Black Bra?

aplique

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Hey guys, sorry I took yesterday off and haven't been on line. Yes, we have a product (actually a couple of them) that are for this specific purpose. They're "optically clear" 8mm thick "easily applied and removed". I've never tried to install this stuff, but it's not supposed to be brain surgery. If anyone gets really interested in this, I'll call the manufacturer and see if I can get some sample material so I can try an applications and see how hard it is.

We can get it in 24", 48" and 54" widths. It's fairly expensive compared to some products, the cost is $9.00 per sq. ft. so a 24" by say 8' long strip to cover the bumper would cost about $140. A small piece to help with the pirelli chunks on the rear quarter say a 1" X 2" would be $18.

Lemme know...

Steve, if you can flame that hood in the wind while drinking beers, there is no doubt you can do this one :)

Perry

Protection?

Ya, I am interested in this too. I was thinking maybe a little bit bigger piece for the rear quarters though. Keep us posted Steve.

Perry

Ok guys, I finally got some sample material in and I am very impressed with it. It is easy to put on and even easier to tak off. It's 8 mil thick, our normal vinyl is 2 mil so it is very substantial yet once on the truck it's completely clear. This will be perfect to use as a chip guard on the front facia, and it will be great behind the rear wheels to catch all the Pirelli chunks and make it easy to claen up.

The cost is $9 per square foot, if anyone wants some holler, I'll order in a big roll and ship out what you want.

I'm all over it Steve! I need enough to do my back quarter panels at least twice. How long is this stuff suppose to last?

How much is both quarter panels twice in sq feet?

Thanks Steve!

Paul

amtrucker22 said:
I'm all over it Steve! I need enough to do my back quarter panels at least twice. How long is this stuff suppose to last?

How much is both quarter panels twice in sq feet?

Thanks Steve!

Paul

It is supposed to last 5 years according to the manufacturer. My measurements say a piece 24" X 24" would cover the back quarter very nicely. To cover them both twice you'll need 8 sq ft or $72, I figure maybe $10 for shipping, you're at $82.00...

Steve

Texas Yellow Fever said:
It is supposed to last 5 years according to the manufacturer. My measurements say a piece 24" X 24" would cover the back quarter very nicely. To cover them both twice you'll need 8 sq ft or $72, I figure maybe $10 for shipping, you're at $82.00...

Steve
Pay now or pay when you get the roll?:elefant: :elefant:

Paul

Just a couple of ideas...

1. Rear quarter panels for sure...
2. Narrow strips for the bottom of the front fascia...to protect from those horrible curb and gutter rashes...
3. Those painted panels just inside all four wheel wells that catch hell from stones, dirt and grease.

Bet everyone of you can think of another use too...

amtrucker22 said:
Pay now or pay when you get the roll?:elefant: :elefant:

Paul

Paul, you can hold off till I get it in. I'll post up and let everyone know we're ready to ship it out. I should have it either Tuesday or Thursday.

yeah that armor guard is neat might look into that myself :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back