Black Chrome Wheels

Scooby82882

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the wait until I get my truck gets shorter, and I've finally decided what I'm going to do with the rims. I had thought about going aftermarket, as I am a fan of the deep dish rims, but I really like the way the factory rims flow with the truck, so I decided to go black chrome. I'm not really a fan of standard chrome, its to cliche imo, so black chrome is perfect. After spending some time searching, I've decided to go with California Chrome Wheel Inc. They look like a respectable company and warrenty their work, so I figure I can't go wrong. For black chrome on a 22" rim they charge 250 each which is competitive with the other companies I was looking into. They also had the most options and one that really caught my eye. They call it black chrome onyx finish, its a really deep color, that is actually a pearlescent paint, and gives off a purplish hue. Its the first one in the picture, and I figure it will look great on the yellow fever.

Scooby82882 said:
Well the wait until I get my truck gets shorter, and I've finally decided what I'm going to do with the rims. I had thought about going aftermarket, as I am a fan of the deep dish rims, but I really like the way the factory rims flow with the truck, so I decided to go black chrome. I'm not really a fan of standard chrome, its to cliche imo, so black chrome is perfect. After spending some time searching, I've decided to go with California Chrome Wheel Inc. They look like a respectable company and warrenty their work, so I figure I can't go wrong. For black chrome on a 22" rim they charge 250 each which is competitive with the other companies I was looking into. They also had the most options and one that really caught my eye. They call it black chrome onyx finish, its a really deep color, that is actually a pearlescent paint, and gives off a purplish hue. Its the first one in the picture, and I figure it will look great on the yellow fever.

Bruddah, I'd PM Wifey and get the 411 on PermaStar. There's a company there in Cali that does them. Prof has a set but in polished chrome. I've seen their black chrome (oh congrats on the decision, it's a great one) and I must say they look parkay. In fact I want my black chrome done by them. Just waiting to get my mitts on one more stock wheel and I'll be going that route, very simply, because the price is right, the work is quality and the wood factor when I look at them.. :eek:WOW..

#3 FTW:rock: .. But about that Black Chrome Onyx finish on #1....

Daaaamn.jpg

#3 was my original intent, but then I saw the #1 finish and fell in love. Between me planning on doing some black and purple accenting to the truck, #1 gives me the best of both worlds so thats the way I'm going to go. If in the end I decide I want standard black chrome I'll just get another set of rims at that point.

Wish I could see the pic posted by Venom, this damn army internet blocks most everything

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back