Black- I hate you and love you all at the same time.

SRT-11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit black paint! Why must you look so good clean but so awful dirty!

Dammit Dodge! Why must you use the hardest clear coat in the history of clear coat?

I've spent a good hunk of change now trying to get the paint to a level, perfect even finish so I can wax the truck, but some jackoff washed this thing at one point with a sponge with sand on it and the whole truck needs to be compounded/polished. sigh...

Does anyone here with a Black truck know what I'm going through, and if so do you have any suggestions? I'm currently at a product at a medium abrasiveness, just shy of compound. it's called menzerna's intensive polish and i'm using an orange pad. got everything from http://www.properautocare.com

Thx doods.

SRT-11 said:

Dammit Dodge! Why must you use the hardest clear coat in the history of clear coat?

I've spent a good hunk of change now trying to get the paint to a level, perfect even finish so I can wax the truck, but some jackoff washed this thing at one point with a sponge with sand on it and the whole truck needs to be compounded/polished. sigh...

Does anyone here with a Black truck know what I'm going through, and if so do you have any suggestions? I'm currently at a product at a medium abrasiveness, just shy of compound. it's called menzerna's intensive polish and i'm using an orange pad. got everything from http://www.properautocare.com

Thx doods.

If you got the jack, spend the dough and have the truck sprayed with a few more coats of clear. Then have the truck wet sanded and buffed.

Then never drive it again, cause black shows EVERY DAMN THING UNDER THE SUN!! :mad: :p :D

The problem is that the orange peel is in the paint, and the swirl marks are in the clear coat.

It's a tough battle you fight brave warrior!! Good luck!

I owned a black saleen years ago. I know what you are going through. Black is a beautiful color when clean. I have taken a vow to never own another black car again. Good luck, it is almost a losing battle.

www.autopia.org

I would go the rotary way If I was capable of using one. I have put 3 full weekends worth of labor into swirl removal. I used a pinncle light swirl kit and should of went with a medium. The orange LC pad does a decent job but its not what I wanted. A very reputable detailer in my area would charge $250 for a complete detail including swirl removal. When I have the time to get him out to my house I will sit back and learn a few things.

SRT-11 said:

Thx doods.

I use a medium cutting wax from Meguires, works excellent on mine

Blacks the best, stop ya crying. :p Small price to pay for the baddest colour known to the auto industry. ;)
I don't mind my cars dirty so I'm easy, looks all class clean and looks badasre & rugged dirty. :D

Take it to a good auto detailer and have them use the fine compound on it. I just had mine done last week, it looks great.

Bill.

After you get it the way you want it, get a nice cover, put it in a climate controlled garage, and then when you want to show it off...

IT'LL STILL BE FRIGG'N DIRTY!!!
:evil: SUC50158.JPGDAMN BLACK!!! :evil:
That's why I went "RED" on the truck...:dancing2: Good luck!!! You do have one sharp truck!!!

ITSCHNER said:
After you get it the way you want it, get a nice cover, put it in a climate controlled garage, and then when you want to show it off...

IT'LL STILL BE FRIGG'N DIRTY!!!
:evil: View attachment 19398DAMN BLACK!!! :evil:
That's why I went "RED" on the truck...:dancing2: Good luck!!! You do have one sharp truck!!!

It won't be dirty if you invest in a car cover....

Even in the garage it will get dust all over it.....

Get smart..... Get a coverking....

www.coverking.com

D

I used a white LC pad, porter cable and optimum compound for round 1 to remove the massive swirling that my friendly dealer installed free of charge. I then followed that with blackfire ceramic polish and another white LC pad (I know this is not ceramic paint but this is the replacement polish for the menzerna 106ff that you can no longer get). The finish is like glass....It did take about 3 days and some experimenting with different pads, compounds and polishes but she looks awesome now. My finishing involves red moose machine glaze followed by several coats of s100 (p21s). I also always qd with optimum spray wax after every wash and use the 2 bucket method with high quality microfibers (not the walmart junk). A lot of work but the truck looks like it should....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back