Black truck care ??

scottstoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of wax or polish works the best for that nice wet look, plus to hide fine lines and wrinkles???:dontknow: :D :rock:

mothers 4 stage kit, the clay bar - cleaner - wax - polish

perk_1405 said:
The best thing u can do to a black truck is paint it silver.... lol

com'on now - we all know the YELLOW one's are faster :D :D :D

i would say if you want to do a bang-up job right the first time.. use dawn to take the wax off,then claybar,then clearcoat polish (i use 3M or Giriot's).
then wax (i like NXT generation by Meguiar's). youve' got some work to do:D

In order:

meguiars-clay-bar-kit.jpg

G17616_SwirlX.jpg

meguiars_techwax2.jpg

Applied it all by hand and my hand was about to fall off once I was done, but got damn the truck was looking beautiful:rock: :rock: :D

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
In order:

G17616_SwirlX.jpg

meguiars_techwax2.jpg

Applied it all by hand and my hand was about to fall off once I was done, but got damn the truck was looking beautiful:rock: :rock: :D

I use all the above products in my auto detail shop. But I think someone mentioned DAWN, i tell you that stuff works. it will take all the grease and grime out. I live by it, and i tell my customers that I use it. Plus it will bring that Black back into action. BUt what

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
In order:

G17616_SwirlX.jpg

meguiars_techwax2.jpg

I tell you I use all the above products in my auto detail shop that I have. But the DAWN, get you some of that and use it. It is best thing, I guarantee it. i tell my customers I use it. But what kinds of buffer are you using?

I have the Meguiars clay kit and NXT wax if you want to come up and try it before you drop $100 on the stuff. It works though. I have the Mothers stuff also. You can't go wrong with either one. I do know that Zymol has a good wax.

We should do a wax and wash day, you got a cute bikini ??? :rock: :D :burnout:

You mean I can actually keep my truck clean. Mine looks like its been through a war, its covered in mud and dust and all sorts or crap.

Seriously. Dawn/Clay/NXT With a Random orbital and it will looks amazing for about 1 hour.

I have a love hate relationship with black cars.

Big Worm said:
I tell you I use all the above products in my auto detail shop that I have. But the DAWN, get you some of that and use it. It is best thing, I guarantee it. i tell my customers I use it. But what kinds of buffer are you using?

X3070_SoftFoamApplicator.jpg

This is what I've been using :( i just found my old porter cable buffer at my parents house, but the head is bent up so I've gotta replace it before I can use it. Worm, would you say the best buffers are the smaller ones, 5" or 6"? I've used the 10" before, but it was just too damn big to get in grooves. Also I've never used dawn or dish soap on my truck, how do you apply it?

Dawn wil cut off what is left of the last wax job. The clay will pull the contamonites and then the next wax will seal the paint and keep you from having to clay again very soon.

I might also suggest a DI/Nano water gun to spray the truck off after you wash so that you don't have to dry the truck with a towel which will just reintroduce scratches.

On a side note I am up in the mountains in a little bitty cabin with nobody around and somehow I still have wifi. Don;t know how but I do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back