Black truck care ??

At my detail shop I have settled on the twin head cyclo random orbit polisher made in Colorado. Almost impossible to to burn or ruin any paint with it. I start with yellow polishing pads and use 3M perfect it step 1 polish. Then I work to green pad and #2 polish and white pad and #3 polish. Leaves a perfect scratch free surface. I like to use Zaino all in one polish next. It leaves protection and shines great. The cyclo polisher is what the Air Force uses for their planes and is also used on Air Force one. It is much easier to handle than a single head polisher and never leaves a swirl mark.

As a long ago former painter/body person I stick with 3M products and single action buffers. My old Milwaukee keeps going and going... As previously mentioned a full detail starts with dish soap. For any oil based grime your local Autopaint supplier can provide you with Wax/grease remover that works extremely well and will not harm naked soft metals like aluminum.

go autogeek.com and order a starters kit , lots of different brands and kits .

For my black QC ,i use pinnacle souvrien wax ,clay bar and advanced polish .

its a very good wax specially formulated for black cars - its 90$ though ! :argh:

I have to think that Chuck must have mid-typed when he said to not use a random orbital polisher. If you want a safe mechanical polisher you must use a random orbital. A regular orbital in the wrong hands can easily ruin a paint job.

Prof said:
I have to think that Chuck must have mid-typed when he said to not use a random orbital polisher. If you want a safe mechanical polisher you must use a random orbital. A regular orbital in the wrong hands can easily ruin a paint job.
Well, look how fell out of the sky:ciao: :ciao: :trytofly: :trytofly: :trytofly: :trytofly: :captain: :captain:

You don't have no black truck...WTF...

Sent via my Iphone from a remote island in Florida Bay!

single action buffer = compunding/buffing
random orbital or DA dual action = applying wax or pretending you have a steering wheel in your hand. LOL! Oh yeah you can safely remove wax as well! Prof is correct though, in the wrong hands a single action will eat the thin 3 mil layer of clear right of your ride. But it is the only one to get the deep scratches out.

buffing.jpg

Same products and steps used on both sides. Left side with a single action, right with a dual action/random orbital. I even gave the DA alot of pressure downward and alot longer buffing time and even repeated the process. There is no comparison. Save the polisher for applying wax or do like most and sell it at the flea market or garage sale for 15 bux.
Don't get me wrong. The area on the right actually looks perfect from 5 feet away, but it's the close up scratches we Black owner want gone, and Voila they disappear before your eyes, and maintaining your wax coats will help keep all that hard work you did for at least a year then repeat with clay bar etc.

Last edited:
Black1 said:
I agree... Kenny knows his shit! :rock:

But... :D We differ on wax products (for black trucks).... I will explain in the morning (just passing thru before bed and saw this thread. :eek: )

Tah... :p

Ok... Lots of good stuff here so far. :) As far as wax on a black truck/car, I would recommend Meguiars Yellow Wax. It's been around forever, yes... but it still has the best clarity I've found. Black trucks will refract light in the finish more than any other color, so you need a formula that cures as clear as possible. Some of the "newer" products (Nano Wax, NXT 2.0, Deep Crystal, etc) will make a black finish look cloudy. IMO, you cannot get a truly clear reflection from a product without (or with a small amount of) carnuba wax in the ingredients. Sure, the older stuff can be a pain to buff off.... sure it will leave white residue.... but, it will shine like no other. :)

p84861z.jpg

Awsome stuff here guys thank you soo much for your wisdom and patience w ignorant peeps like me...:rock: :D :congrats:

Venomous, which of the regular claybar kits would you recommend has the best quality clay, Mothers, Meguiars, or Turtle wax ice?

I've mostly used the Mothers claybar kit and wax products, but I've just switched to the Meguiars cleaner and deep crystal carnuba wax and really like the results.

Works great on my red 05 QC. The cyclo polisher is very different than other random orbital polisher. You can compound with it and get the same results as a rotary with less effort and no risk of burning the paint.

That's what I use and it works awesome. Is very diff than most if not all of the other r o out there and it does work as good if not better than single action and is nearly impossible to cause any damage.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back