Blacked out headlights and smoked fogs

408652_221319001284686_100002197621525_495747_345267776_n.jpg

Got my wheels back from the paint shop today. They forgot to give me back all the nuts and washers, so I couldn't put the gas cap cover back on, but it looks really good. I'll get it on and get the truck all detailed tomorrow and post better pics. Also, I'm undecided as to what I'm going to do with the center caps. I'll either paint the stock ones black or get some black ones with Viper logos, but that's why the center caps aren't on there.

newwheels.jpg

newwheels2.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, those look killer! And no marks getting the rubber back on.

You keeping the red on your calipers or ya thinking yellow ;)

And IMHO, debadging would set that thing off, that and black handles.

What's next on your list?

Last edited:
Yup, those look killer! And no marks getting the rubber back on.

You keeping the red on your calipers or ya thinking yellow ;)

And IMHO, debadging would set that thing off, that and black handles.

What's next on your list?

Thanks! For now keeping the red, but black and orange are my favorite colors and I'm an October b'day, so at some point I think maybe orange calipers with the Viper lettering like on yours.

Guys who put the tires back on did an excellent job all the way around.

The handle covers are definitely coming off. Badges will stay on for now, I've heard a lot of guys have stripped paint off when they removed the badges, so unless there is a safe way to do it, I'll leave them on until I can get the whole truck painted. But for now door handles and then the grille are the next 2 priorities.

Oh sick, I didn't know that.... Hmm... Is that method using a fish line?

Just a quick Photoshop of what it may look like with orange, debadge, somewhat of a clean, and center caps, box black, shaved handles. grille Haha.

newwheels.jpg

NSDQ.png

Last edited:
Holy shit dude, I would kill if my truck looked like that photoshop right now! Damn that looks good and is exactly what I want to do with my truck. Thanks buddy for doing that because now I can print that and use it for a template/motivation.

As far as the debadging, I've always been told you can use fishing line and that works pretty well, but some guys on the site have said the badges were stuck on pretty good, particularly the hood emblem, so idk what the best method for our badges is.

Ok so today I put the gas cap cover back on now that it's powdercoated and removed the chrome cover door handles. Man what a pain in the ass they were to remove. I'll have to figure out something to clean the handles up with. There's still some residue and where the 3m tape was at the handles are darker in those areas. I really need to get them painted. Also, couldn't get to the carwash today since it rained all day, but here's a pic just so you can all see my progress.

black.jpg

looking good buddy.

You sound like me with the blk&orange theme.

I wanna do my calipers black tho, have all black everywhere, looking into black exhaust tips right now. looking good tho bro.

thanks man. I would like to get my tips blacked out too, they are starting to stand out now that pretty much all the chrome is gone.

Night and day difference takin that chrome off the door handles!!! Lookin killer bro. Thinkin its time to do my headlights housing black and do the grill black too

do it man, it will drastically change the look of your truck. Def one of the best things I've done.

Back