Blowby?

moparman95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a lot of websites, I am hearing how bad the blowby is on the Viper motor. Should I invest in a breather? Or an oil can? :dontknow:

Thanks.

Lots of us have if your instrested check out jmbperformance.com Justin is a vendor here and will treat you right. It also looks great as well and can be fitted with his cold air intake, great design and funtion.

20 $ Catch can thu summit or Jegs and some line from you local parts store - should do the trick

VIPER said:
20 $ Catch can thu summit or Jegs and some line from you local parts store - should do the trick
Should not we try to support the venders on here.

Earl ,haven't you found Vendor status yet:D

I am all about supporting the vendors. (I'm also a cheap ass!!) I bought this truck used, keep in mind. Sooo, I'm wondering if this is something I should really worry about now, with 56K mi., or something I can wait on and do some shopping around. Would just a breather on the valve cover be sufficient? Or do I really need the oil can as well.

Man.. what a pain.. my replys aren't going thru. Let's try this one...

I got the truck used, with 56K on it. How important IS the breather? Something I should get asap?

Oooh.. and one more quickie while my posts are WORKING!! Best aftermarket tuner? SCT? Mopar flash?? I only have the CAI.. and dont REALLY plan on doing anything major for a while. We also only have 91 octane in these here parts of AZ. (Shitty.) I have been doing research out the a-hole, but figured I would ask the guys who have done this already over supposed "customer feedbacks." Thanks.

moparman95 said:
Oooh.. and one more quickie while my posts are WORKING!! Best aftermarket tuner? SCT? Mopar flash?? I only have the CAI.. and dont REALLY plan on doing anything major for a while. We also only have 91 octane in these here parts of AZ. (Shitty.) I have been doing research out the a-hole, but figured I would ask the guys who have done this already over supposed "customer feedbacks." Thanks.
The sct is the best bet,get a catch can from Justin aka Jmb.And you will be o.k.:rock:

SCT Tuner through JTSVP.COM Tony is a vendor here and can hook you up with the tuner with custom tunes by Torrie at Unleashed Tuning. Best mod i've done to my 10.

If you have excessive blow-by, you probably have other issues. Most likely ring lands that are going away.

Hope that is not the issue, but if it is, welcome to the club.

how necessary is it to have a catch can?

moparman95 said:
On a lot of websites, I am hearing how bad the blowby is on the Viper motor. Should I invest in a breather? Or an oil can? :dontknow:

Thanks.
blowby on a viper engine is not a normal or serious problem, if you are low mileage and keep the engine up well , you will be fine sir

USMC11 said:
how necessary is it to have a catch can?

Usually people add a catch can when the misting of the oil in the engine compartment becomes a problem in keeping the engine clean...and others add it for bling...

If it were necessary it would have come with the truck from the factory with one.

SCT tuner from Torrie would be the first thing to do. I run the 93 octane tune and use an octane booster. Use only fuel from QT to be safe.

I'm not having any misting, or losing any oil for that matter. (It is pretty nice bling.) I just noticed the breathers were on most of the vendors sites, and wasn't sure if this was a part that I needed to PREVENT any types of ring failure, or precombustion.

@FastSRT19.. that blue powder coating looks F'n sweet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back