Blue dots/lines all over engine bay

evanandretti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I got the truck, there has been blue markings all over engine bay. I thought it was tune up related... On oil dip stick, coolent resivoir, brake fluid level etc... All the basics. I am currently doing a t stat swap and I noticed a blue mark on the BACK side of the thermostat housing. Obviously had to been off to put there.

There are also markings on all hoses... For example dot on power steering line and lines where there are pressed fittings.

Looks to me like this engine might of been apart? Why else would there be markings everywhere? Again I thought it was just looked over good at a dealer or something untill I seen the one on the back of the t stat housing

hmmmmmm. thats what i would have thought too. but it does seem odd that a dealer would take off the tstat housing.

might be an odd chance that there was a problem like it was stuck open when it was traded in , but that is a stretch.

wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it was an american vehicle and taken to Canada?

No shouldn't be... Safties are pretty slack over here. Seems there was a pretty detailed look over on this thing. I assumed it was auto showcase... But now I'm assuming yours didn't have that hahaha

no sir it did not. not that i noticed anyways. maybe jeff can weigh in. but i should have seen them if it is a prominent as you say

My 2006 QC has the blue dots also. I always thought it came from the factory like that. Like a final check or something.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back