Blue tooth mirror

Vipernator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would like to buy the wiring harness needed to install a factory blue tooth mirror:dontknow:
for 2004 ram 1500
I have the mirror already
Not sure how much of the harness or what other parts my might need.
Anyone have any constructive ideas let me know.:idea:

I had thought about getting that type of mirror as well. off of Ebay.I was thinking it would just plug in.I guess not.I would try www.car-part.com and see if one of the places has a wrecked srt 10 or is selling any of the parts.Perhaps you could get one of the wreckers to cut out the harness for you. Bill

I was in Maui Life's truck and he has that option. Man is that a cool deal. I wonder if you have to have the factory navigation deal as well since it worked with that screen. Keep us updated on your progress. Sorry I cant help either.

patrick

I heard somewhere in the past that it is not a "dealer installable" option or something to that effect. I heard it was too much work to install it. I can't say for sure whether or not that is true though. But I think there is another way to hook bluetooth up, if I could I would search the old place, but I can't hehehe. I'll tell you this though, if there is a way to do it, do it! The best option on my truck no 2 ways about it. I love it and can't imagine not having it now.

Thanks Stinker, Silversrt that site www.car-part.com is a need to know about site thanks.
MauiSRT/10, I put a RB1 nav radio in mine and if I understand right it does not support the bluetooth options, but I still wanted to ge the mirror to work liked it better than the dodge after maket stuff.

there are some cool clamp on mirrors that have lots of features I just can't bring myself to clamp it to the mirror it seems so cheap.
I might buy one of these and paint it black and make it the mirror not clamp on.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLUE...ryZ33699QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is bound to be someone who can tell what I need to make the factory mirror work. Come on guys!

Vipernator said:
Would like to buy the wiring harness needed to install a factory blue tooth mirror:dontknow:
for 2004 ram 1500
I have the mirror already
Not sure how much of the harness or what other parts my might need.
Anyone have any constructive ideas let me know.:idea:

My guess is that the harness is already there, have you checked? I know the dealership will install the U-connect option in our trucks for about $400 including the new mirror. Since you have the mirror, if you need anything else, it can't be that expensive.

Steve if you know of a dealer who will do the factory uconnect including the mirror for 400.00, let me know.

Thanks.

Vipernator said:
Steve if you know of a dealer who will do the factory uconnect including the mirror for 400.00, let me know.

Thanks.

I asked two dealerships here in Dallas what it would cost to install it in my truck and both of them were around $400, installed.

I asked wheren I bought the truck (JIM Mcnatt) in denton and also asked huffines in lewsiville both told me the same thing that the wiring was not there and they would not do it.
thats why I was asking who specifically had told you they would because I would like to have it done,
That is also why I had bought the mirror and was trying to do it myself.

Vipernator said:
I asked wheren I bought the truck (JIM Mcnatt) in denton and also asked huffines in lewsiville both told me the same thing that the wiring was not there and they would not do it.
thats why I was asking who specifically had told you they would because I would like to have it done,
That is also why I had bought the mirror and was trying to do it myself.

The two dealerships I asked were Bonham Chrysler (where I bought the truck in Bonham, TX) and Manuel Dodge in Richardson. They both went off and checked and called me back saying our trucks were on the list of those that the U-connect could be installed in and it was around $400, I don't recall the exact number, but as I recall both were the same. If you call either of them and get the run around, let me know...I'll call them again, I trade at both.

Vipernator said:
I will ask, thanks

Like I said, let me know if they give you the run around. I did just notice though, that you have a 2004 RC vs. my 2005 QC, I don't know if that could be the reason you got a different answer or not...

thats for the accessory bluetooth not the mirror. i can check the wiring diagram tomorrow when I get to work...email me so i dont forget. there is also a module that goes behind the glovebox do you have that? you will need it..let me know

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back