Borla exhaust?

DvSRT10 said:
What do you guys think of this exhaust system?

I have the Borla and love it. There's no speed that the exhaust resonates in the cab like there is with some other systems. My wife's vette does that at about 55 and it drive me nuts!

I had the borla and loved it. But I thought the didn't make borla for our trucks anymore. They essentially became Mopar.

FlyingLow said:
I had the borla and loved it. But I thought the didn't make borla for our trucks anymore. They essentially became Mopar.

Mopar Performance Part #P5153639 is the Borla exhaust for the 2006 QC and may be the same for the RC. It costs (or cost) $799. I bought one and had it installed by an independent exhaust shop in my QC in October.

Thought I'd "save" money having the shop (rather than the stealership do the work), but it ended up costing me more, because it wasn't installed properly (the tailpipe exited cocked to the right) and I didn't want to go to the trouble to trying to get them to do it right.

Anyway, I just had it fixed at California Concepts in Redwood City a few days ago. While they were at it, I also had them chop off the rectangular Borla tip and weld the stock tips onto the Borla pipes.

Looks just like stock now, but sounds better. Actually prefer the sound of the Magnaflows, but they don't (or at least didn't in October) make one that would fit properly fit a 2006 QC, out of the box, without repositioning the hangers. So, the Borla was my only choice.

The Borla hangers are properly positioned at the factory. So, no mods to it are "required." I just didn't like the look of the Borla rectangular tip and chose to swap them out when the opportunity arose. Otherwise, I would have left well enough alone.

Last edited:
Magnaflow all the way imo.... not a fan of the Borla/Mopar tip either!! :dontknow:

Bought the Borla and had it installed by the same dealer that sold me the truck. Great sound. Real smooth. No problems. P.S. kept the old one in my basement.

you paid a lot more for the borla than what the magnaflow costs, even after the exhaust shop hangs it.

the best part of the magnaflow that people may not realize is that it also comes with beautiful polished stainless steel tips that look amazing.

Swingshiftworker said:
Mopar Performance Part #P5153639 is the Borla exhaust for the 2006 QC and may be the same for the RC. It costs (or cost) $799. I bought one and had it installed by an independent exhaust shop in my QC in October.

Thought I'd "save" money having the shop (rather than the stealership do the work), but it ended up costing me more, because it wasn't installed properly (the tailpipe exited cocked to the right) and I didn't want to go to the trouble to trying to get them to do it right.

Anyway, I just had it fixed at California Concepts in Redwood City a few days ago. While they were at it, I also had them chop off the rectangular Borla tip and weld the stock tips onto the Borla pipes.

Looks just like stock now, but sounds better. Actually prefer the sound of the Magnaflows, but they don't (or at least didn't in October) make one that would fit properly fit a 2006 QC, out of the box, without repositioning the hangers. So, the Borla was my only choice.

The Borla hangers are properly positioned at the factory. So, no mods to it are "required." I just didn't like the look of the Borla rectangular tip and chose to swap them out when the opportunity arose. Otherwise, I would have left well enough alone.

Blakewilder said:
I had the Borla and it broke too.....STAY AWAY!

It's too late for me now, but how did your Borla "break"? No moving parts that I know of, so, what happened?

AWDisuzu said:
you paid a lot more for the borla than what the magnaflow costs, even after the exhaust shop hangs it.

Actually, I just saw DC Performance's quote elsewhere here for a Magnaflow install on a 2006 QC at $770 in their shop LA, which would have cost me at least $300 more for gas & lodging to get it done. So, at that cost, it's "wash" for me.

I'd like a little more rumble than the Borla gives, but w/the stock tips back on you don't even know, w/o looking under the truck, that I've got an aftermarket exhaust on, and I kinda like that. So, I'm satisfied overall.

Last edited:
The Borla doesnt give off enough rumble? Im willing to pay the extra $$ for the borla but just trying to avoid the resonance in the cab that alot of people have complained about with their Magnaflow exhaust.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Custom Corsa exhaust with dynomax mufflers here, most excellent.

?? I looked into Corsa for our trucks long ago... I was pretty sure they make them for the viper only... not our trucks??? I'll have to look again... because THOSE sound good...

i've used borla for years never broke a one, has been on my truck for almost 2 years... no breaky

VAViperPower said:
The Borla doesnt give off enough rumble? Im willing to pay the extra $$ for the borla but just trying to avoid the resonance in the cab that alot of people have complained about with their Magnaflow exhaust.

The Borla gives off a very restrained exhaust tone w/very little interior resonance, which is somewhat disappointing based on my past experience and preference. I use to have a Spintech and Flowmaster in a 2001 Durango. They both had a throaty exhaust note that vibrated through the passenger compartment. The Spintech was louder and I liked it better, but that may have been due to the headers and 3" pipes that went in with it.

Anyway, interior rumble doesn't bother me and I just loved the sound that both exhausts put out. The Magnaflow for the Durango was chosen by people who wanted less of an exhaust note than the Flowmaster and, from what I've heard, the Magnaflow is louder than the Borla in SRT10s. So, if you're looking for less resonance, Borla is probably the one for you.

I just finished installing my exhaust about 2 hours ago.

I bought my Mopar Perfomance (Borla) Exhaust for $642 shipped - got here in about 10 days. Installation was easy - just needed a buddy to help, a jack, two jack stands, a socket-wrench set, and about 2.5 hours.

Looks and sounds great - and it was MUCH cheaper than I see other people paying for their exhausts.

If the Borla look or sound is not what your personal tastes desire, then by all means, please get the Magnaflow, Flowmaster, B&B, etc. Just please don't buy into the myth that Borla is ridiculously expensive.

mauiSRT/10 said:
There is no right one or wrong one. Buy the one you like dude. I love my magnaflow......and the price is cheaper.

patrick
I just installed My magnaflow and I am also very happy with the sound, Fit and finsh and the tips are very cool :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back