brake and rotor question

tripeph

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it necessary to replace the rotors when i do the pads. i have 14000 miles, and looking at the pads from zeckhausen. also can the rotors be resurfaced

rotors can be resurfaced. not needed to be replaced unless they are below the min specs. i would rec resurfacing them before installing a new set. it would be a good idea to have done at a dealer with an "on the vehicle brake lathe" you will get a much truer cut.

i've had "z" pads for a year now....... great for dry, dustless, squeakless driving...... but in the rain -- worthless, be aware.... going to try drilled/slotted rotors first, before going back to stockers or ebc's......:(

moparracing said:
i've had "z" pads for a year now....... great for dry, dustless, squeakless driving...... but in the rain -- worthless, be aware.... going to try drilled/slotted rotors first, before going back to stockers or ebc's......:(
I installed the Posi-Quiet pads & Slotted rotors about 6 months ago,And have no issues with them.I think they are great.

i put performance frition brakes on my truck with stock rotors and my truck will put your noise on the windsheild even in rain

The Brake Story. I had more then a few brake problems. Thanks to some of the people here, and some info from the race team at Champion Porsch. I am now brake informed and squeek free. Frist the low down on rotors. Drilled Holes in a rotor are for cooling. Slotes in rotors are for shaving the pads. Brake pads tend to glase urderthe hard braking of rasing. They are mainly for track use and young guys driving Jap Traps with no clue. As most of us here know the stock pads squeeeeek, create a ton of dust and SUCK in the rain. I pull a 7k Lb. trailer 5 to 6 days a week so I think I got the stop thing down-pat. I use the Morse Ceramics. I now can go for weeks with out having to reach inside the wheels to wash the dust out. You can get them at Autozone or Autozone.com. My Dodge dealer could not turn the huge rotors so they had to replace them. If you can get them turned on the truck thats cool. If you dont mind dropping some cabbage then you should consider going with the Morse pads and a drilled rotor. <GRIN>

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back