Brake light solenoid

NukeGM/Ford

Reaction score
Looking through wiring diagrams I can't follow the wire that sends the signal from the brake pedal out to turn on brake lights. Looks like it goes to several modules before getting to the brake lights but the color is different at the brake light end compared to the brake pedal end

Anyone know the color of the wire that starts the flow from the brake pedal? I thought it was the white with tan tracer but doesn't seem to work.

Used to old wiring where the brake switch sent actual power to brake lights. Trying to hook up another light to come on when brakes are on. Do the wires coming out of brake pedal connection have enough juice to activate a light or is it a smaller signal just to another module that tells something else to turn on the brake lights?

I believe it is a small signal sent to a relay and then to the lights.
A pin-type circuit tester/meter would tell you in a hurry if any of the wires leaving the brake pedal/light switch are 12+ volts.

Just don't drive the pin through a wire to ground. :)

Last edited:
After going through the wiring diagram again I went back to the white /tan tracer and it worked, must not have gotten a good connection the first time

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back