Brakes

Furyous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone in the So. Cal area know of a good place to get brakes for my 06 quad cab?

Dealer wants $500 to replace the front brakes...

:mad:

got my pads from summit, cost about 120 to get them, really easy to change the pads out. id suggest doing it yourself if you can. went with the ebc green brake pads, and havent had a problem with them in about 3 months. just make sure you check the rotors, if they need to be turned, id get a second opinion from an independent tire shop.

to clarify on front pads, all that holds the pads in is a clip with an allen bolt holding it in, take out that bolt and you can lift the pads out of the caliper without taking it off the spindle

the bowler said:
got my pads from summit, cost about 120 to get them, really easy to change the pads out. id suggest doing it yourself if you can. went with the ebc green brake pads, and havent had a problem with them in about 3 months. just make sure you check the rotors, if they need to be turned, id get a second opinion from an independent tire shop.
green ebc's for $120? dam I am too cheap:argh:

whats wrong with 120 for the brake pads? if im trying to stop a 5500 pound lump, i wanna know its gonna stop when i want it to lol

the bowler said:
whats wrong with 120 for the brake pads? if im trying to stop a 5500 pound lump, i wanna know its gonna stop when i want it to lol
Nothing but spending $75 for the same pads will stop your truck just as fast!...but i am cheap and never liked throwing money away:rock:

I ordered the ones from Autozone, I will install them when they get here and let you guys know what I think of them.

What size is that allen bolt? It is quite a bit larger then the tools I have and I need to pick up a bit to take it out.

Anyone know?

I bought green EBC's and Yellows for the back and I love em. I also got the slotted and dimpled rotors at the same time. I got mine direct from EBC. All told for rotors and pads was about 1 grand. Getting them mounted was like 150.00. No squeeks and they grab you quick.

Speed aka (Perry)

I installed these yesterday and I was amazed how easy this was, one bolt and done.

I am baffled as to why my dealer wanted over $300 to install and close to $200 for the pads, it's crazy.

I liked the brakes, they look to be good quality with shims so I can't think of what the other $150 the dealer charges for theirs could be.

On the road test, I can't tell the difference in stopping (if there is any) and they got rid of the squeaks so I am overall very happy.

Now we just have to see how long they last.

NOTE, the dealer told me I had 10% left on my old pads but when I changed them out I found that I had over 50%. I can't say that I am very happy with the dealer right now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back