Built auto or 6 speed swap

sparticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been off the site for awhile due to the massive amounts of work I've been doing. The truck is running great thanks but I'm hoping to put more power to the wheels. I'm running about 4lbs max according to my boost gauge on a Paxton. Which is fun but before swapping to a custom twin turbo setup and built motor I'm wondering if I should do 6 speed swap or built auto. I love manual but auto is really nice since this has been my daily driver or my girl friends.

Will the auto hold 850 whp for any extended period of time???? I'm looking at the one for sale right now built by sun coast.

I've been off the site for awhile due to the massive amounts of work I've been doing. The truck is running great thanks but I'm hoping to put more power to the wheels. I'm running about 4lbs max according to my boost gauge on a Paxton. Which is fun but before swapping to a custom twin turbo setup and built motor I'm wondering if I should do 6 speed swap or built auto. I love manual but auto is really nice since this has been my daily driver or my girl friends.

Will the auto hold 850 whp for any extended period of time???? I'm looking at the one for sale right now built by sun coast.

You can try and cross your fingers or go 6 speed and grin each time you shift gears! Really was an easy choice an there's at least 10 now that've made the swap! :D

I am pushing 533rwhp & 547rwtq and my stock 48re is about dead. I believe a stock T-56 is pretty stout and will handle some serious abuse. Another option is HTS.
HTS

It's very tempting. :) Would the t56 need built to hold my desired power levels

I am sure Scott will beat me to this but I think some T-56's are proven to hold 850hp stock.

I am sure Scott will beat me to this but I think some T-56's are proven to hold 850hp stock.

Nope you said it well yourself :) Can you build it stronger, yessir. I would rock it as is till rebuild needed.
Nice Centerforce or Twin Disc McLeod and you're golden :rock:

Last edited:
6 speed with the paxton equals fun. i would never go auto in a srt 10 again. dont know why your only at 4lbs of boost. you should be at 6lbs.

Last edited:
6 speed with the paxton equals fun. i would never go auto in a srt 10 again. dont know why your only at 4lbs of boost. you should be at 6lbs.

Yea I don't know why it's only 4lbs either. I have a mechanical gauge pulling straight off the intake manifold so I know the gauge is accurate. I need to have someone older and smarter than me double check my work lol

If you can find one let me know. I'm currently looking for one for my lightning. I grenaded my viper spec t56 in it already.

The problem with t56's, most arent put in heavy trucks like ours. A magnum wont last.

Nope you said it well yourself :) Can you build it stronger, yessir. I would rock it as is till rebuild needed.
Nice Centerforce or Twin Disc McLeod and you're golden :rock:
If by golden you mean he will the clutch will hold, it will. But his trans wont.

If you can find one let me know. I'm currently looking for one for my lightning. I grenaded my viper spec t56 in it already.

The problem with t56's, most arent put in heavy trucks like ours. A magnum wont last.

If by golden you mean he will the clutch will hold, it will. But his trans wont.

Depends what you doing with it. Held up to 830whp with no issues here in a much heavier truck than yours. Granted no slicks here.

Nah it'll just be his tires not holding unless he's running sticky tires then all bets are off, lol.. Just like any Racetruck bro:burnout:

I am pushing 533rwhp & 547rwtq and my stock 48re is about dead. I believe a stock T-56 is pretty stout and will handle some serious abuse. Another option is HTS.
HTS

I have all HTS parts in my tranny and holding beautifully! The only 48re trannies holding up that I'm aware of are the HTS trannies. :)

Last edited:
Oh it will have street tires and will never have all the power be put down. Well darn. I need to stop assuming people will race it and attempt to get the power to the ground. My mistake.
I'll have a t56 for sale pretty soon
How much?

Last edited:
I have all HTS parts in my tranny and holding beautifully! The only 48re trannies holding up that I'm aware of are the HTS trannies. :)

Did you have them put billet shafts in? Can ya give me the specs on the build

Oh it will have street tires and will never have all the power be put down. Well darn. I need to stop assuming people will race it and attempt to get the power to the ground. My mistake.

How much?

Not 100% sure yet.
Out of a 1998 GTS with right around 30k miles

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

Looking on d&d, may do the t56 magnum for 3k. id hate to buy a viper spec and have to mod it to fit for a 2nd time. Thanks though.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back