Built Engine In Which Truck

What would you do?

• Keep the built engine for your personal truck?

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Put the built engine in the truck you plan to sell?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andy is a moron either way?

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't vote. He wasted money for forged parts that weren't needed for a flip. Would be nice to have one to beat on and one to baby though

This is the exact reason you have to be very careful of where / who you get your truck from.

nFrom what I see, the silver truck is being done right. That being said, the attitude of why waste money on good parts, let the sap that buys it deal with the halfassery is akin to the Kurt Russell character in "Used Cars".

"This wasn't a Taxi, this is yellow primer"

I didn't vote. He wasted money for forged parts that weren't needed for a flip. Would be nice to have one to beat on and one to baby though

That's not how Andy does things. I normally wouldn't consider buying a vehicle with many miles on it. But, the simple fact that Andy is working on this truck makes me consider buying it. He takes pride in the stuff he works on and I respect that.

It has 100k miles on it most people wouldn't even think to ask or check if it was numbers matching:rofl:

UNLESS your going to try and get a premium for it then it might need to be:D

We meant my black truck being numbers matching, not the silver one.

There are a lot of variations when you say Forged engine. If the cylinders need bored then absolutely swing for the forged pistons (probably the only oversized ones you can get) but I wouldn't go any further than that if you don't plan on keeping the truck or don't have plans to add a power adder.

The term "built" is being thrown around a lot in this thread and this engine doesn't qualify as built for me. It is a stock head, stock cam, stock block, stock crank with forged rods and pistons, with some oiling mods. It is far from built but it will be a very reliable replacement and can have some FI added to it if the new owner chooses to do so.

Build the engine and just have 2 to play in!

No way! If I'm getting a second toy it will be something that is far lighter.

There is a proper way to do a flip, and there is pulling the wool over the eyes of a perspective buyer. The reason I am posting every step of this build is so the new buyer can buy with confidence and see that it was done right. You call it wasted money, I call it peace of mind knowing I put out the best product I could.

This is the exact reason you have to be very careful of where / who you get your truck from.

nFrom what I see, the silver truck is being done right. That being said, the attitude of why waste money on good parts, let the sap that buys it deal with the halfassery is akin to the Kurt Russell character in "Used Cars".

"This wasn't a Taxi, this is yellow primer"

That's my goal, have it done right. Same reason that the body damage isn't being repaired, it's getting parts replaced.

That's not how Andy does things. I normally wouldn't consider buying a vehicle with many miles on it. But, the simple fact that Andy is working on this truck makes me consider buying it. He takes pride in the stuff he works on and I respect that.

Thanks Chris! I appreciate that.

When I say wasted money, I meant stock was cast piston, perfectly legitimate rebuild for a non-keeper not shoddy workmanship ,

When I say wasted money, I meant stock was cast piston, perfectly legitimate rebuild for a non-keeper not shoddy workmanship ,

why do all of the work and not make the truck better and more reliable than OEM?

no one gives two flying fucks if the numbers match that is the stupidest thing I've heard all day Andy is a moron.!!!
The days of # matching cars are long gone long live the restored And these trucks will never in our lifetime bring a premium in any market

no one gives two flying fucks if the numbers match that is the stupidest thing I've heard all day Andy is a moron.!!!
The days of # matching cars are long gone long live the restored And these trucks will never in our lifetime bring a premium in any market

I dont fully agree with you Dom on the premium price....

Just have a look at what this trucks cost in Australia, i have seen some in the range of 70-80K $.

Even in Germany one red single cab was sold for approx 42K € (not being special, just low mileage and very well taken care of)

Not jet a 100K $ mark, but time will tell....

I dont fully agree with you Dom on the premium price....

Just have a look at what this trucks cost in Australia, i have seen some in the range of 70-80K $.

Even in Germany one red single cab was sold for approx 42K € (not being special, just low mileage and very well taken care of)

Not jet a 100K $ mark, but time will tell....

So you're saying we should be importing these trucks more frequently to those locations? Sounds interesting.

So you're saying we should be importing these trucks more frequently to those locations? Sounds interesting.

Well, for Australia you have to do the right hand driving conversion and for Germany you have to add 10% custom + 19% vat, none the less if he quality is top notch, prices are high....

I edited the poll so that all votes for option 3 count towards option 1. You know, since everyone that's voted would have voted option 1 if there were only the first two choices.

I edited the poll so that all votes for option 3 count towards option 1. You know, since everyone that's voted would have voted option 1 if there were only the first two choices.

Lol! Andy is a good man. Just for that, he should be able to do whatever he wants criticism free.

No please keep the criticism coming.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back