Bump Steer kit & Poly U. Bushings question(s)

I haven't installed mine because I have been worried that they might snap....

Pretty thick metal though... Cant imagine why they would break...

Has anyone else's failed?

What about just reverse reaming the tie rod mount and just flip the stock tie rod?

Would need to know what reamer to buy.

Anybody know the taper of the stock ream?

The hole in your existing knuckle would already be too big. You would have to have a knuckle before was drilled for the outer tie rod. Maybe If you could source some other outer tire rod to use.

Obviously autocross as well as any racing event puts extreme stress On a vehicle. Maybe the part wasn't tough enough? Keeping fingers crossed on my truck.

Another idea.

Just use a tapered sleeve like the Jeep guys use in there flip kits.

You drill out the spindle install the tapered sleeve from the bottom and flip your stock tie rod.

Just need the correct sleeve.:)

The bolt came loose twice on me. I'm anal and always checked them. The first time they were pretty loose. The second time they were just a little loose. If you have a set I would check them every 500 miles to make sure they are tight. Just fyi

Another idea.

Just use a tapered sleeve like the Jeep guys use in there flip kits.

You drill out the spindle install the tapered sleeve from the bottom and flip your stock tie rod.

Just need the correct sleeve.:)

I assumed that's how your do it when you mentioned flipping the tie rods. Any decent machine shop would easily be able to make the sleeves with the provided angle. I would have them oversized and slotted so they would be self pressing when the joint was installed.

The bolt came loose twice on me. I'm anal and always checked them. The first time they were pretty loose. The second time they were just a little loose. If you have a set I would check them every 500 miles to make sure they are tight. Just fyi

could it be u had a bad set ?

what did Tony said about this ?

I assumed that's how your do it when you mentioned flipping the tie rods. Any decent machine shop would easily be able to make the sleeves with the provided angle. I would have them oversized and slotted so they would be self pressing when the joint was installed.

Is that what they do to the Duramax?

just checked the bolts on my bump steer kit , and all is fine for now...
my truck has the kit for almost 2000 miles.:)

Seem to remember when I got my kit the lock nuts would not thread on all the way down to the nylon locking park. It looked like the first turn on the threads was rolled over just the slightest bit. I contacted them (sent pics) and was told they tried 4 separate sets all were The same and the nuts went on okay. Andy's wrench installed the kit and seemed not to have any problems except to ream out the one spindle hole out a little bit.

I have mine installed for 4 months 3000 miles or so. I auto cross is every morning on the way to work. I have had no issues and never once have come lose on me. I will say I am about to redo front suspension and plan on drilling out spindle to one size and using a bolt to reinstall the kit. I will post pictures once done.

I have mine installed for 4 months 3000 miles or so. I auto cross is every morning on the way to work. I have had no issues and never once have come lose on me. I will say I am about to redo front suspension and plan on drilling out spindle to one size and using a bolt to reinstall the kit. I will post pictures once done.
Quoted for awesomeness. :D

I will say I am about to redo front suspension and plan on drilling out spindle to one size and using a bolt to reinstall the kit. I will post pictures once done.

love to see those pictures...;)

Well I'm glad to hear that. Unfortunately I also seen my fair share of fasteners that failed from over torquing, lack of thread locker, reusing locknuts and so on.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back