bumpsteer kit got delivered

A safety washer and a dust boot should be easy to add if needed.:)

i'm goin to get rod end boots from Sealsit.com

not real sure bout this "safety washer" set up.

is it a set up that if the outside race comes off the inside bearin the washer gives ya time to shut her down & not if the outside race breaks open???

Last edited:
i'm goin to get rod end boots from Sealsit.com

not real sure bout this "safety washer" set up.

is it a set up if the housin comes off the bearin & not if the "housin" breaks open???

If the "housing" outer ring breaks, what I'm talking about is the least of your worries... I certainly hope that would never be an issue..

But yeah, the ball that moves in the middle of the joint.. When they wear it is possible for the "housing" outer ring to pop off the ball.. If the "housing" opening is bigger than the nut securing it, the "housing" will just drop off and your in for a world of hurt if say your going down the highway at 70mph..

Simply putting a washer bigger than the "housing" opening will keep the joint from just falling off and could save your life, and your truck.. Its always best to capture/support a heim joint on each side..
But since thats not always an option, such as this instance.. At the very least use a washer to stop the joint from complete seperation in the event of failure..

the bump steer kits I will say are quality parts

but being in the 4wd scene ourself, really cant compare the abuse these will go thru with a jeep or so forth

do they wear? yes, weekly inspection should be done

We ran the set up on a truck here for a couple hundred miles, and I am sure Ron has drove the nutts off his with no problems,

we cant control how people install parts, but properly installed they should last quit awhile

there are shims to adjust the levelness of the tie rods, to about as the best it will ever be.

the bumpsteer kit is produced by Razors edge that produces parts for mopar performance, he doesn't use inferior parts at all

I would suggest if you have any concerns or plan to run 38 inch tall tires and go offroading I would not purchase the bumpsteer kit

the bump steer kits I will say are quality parts

but being in the 4wd scene ourself, really cant compare the abuse these will go thru with a jeep or so forth

do they wear? yes, weekly inspection should be done

We ran the set up on a truck here for a couple hundred miles, and I am sure Ron has drove the nutts off his with no problems,

we cant control how people install parts, but properly installed they should last quit awhile

there are shims to adjust the levelness of the tie rods, to about as the best it will ever be.

the bumpsteer kit is produced by Razors edge that produces parts for mopar performance, he doesn't use inferior parts at all

I would suggest if you have any concerns or plan to run 38 inch tall tires and go offroading I would not purchase the bumpsteer kit

I am in no way trying to insinuate that the kit is sub par or in anyway less than a quality product.. Nor am I going to be off roading or running 38" tires on my SRT..

For the record, I'm also not trying to be controversial or start any bs..
I almost feel your response is defensive in a way.... If so, I apologize for offending, as that is in no way my intention..

I'm simply asking questions based off what I have physicaly seen in regard to heim joints being used..
As I mentioned from the first post I brought this up in.. I was hesitant to even mention it for fear of being offensive.

Should we not all be more knowledgeable of the products we put on our vehicles? And should buyers not be educated when a product is more of a high maintenance item that needs regular attention and possible factors that could become an issue over time??

I am in no way trying to insinuate that the kit is sub par or in anyway less than a quality product.. Nor am I going to be off roading or running 38" tires on my SRT..

For the record, I'm also not trying to be controversial or start any bs..
I almost feel your response is defensive in a way.... If so, I apologize for offending, as that is in no way my intention..

I'm simply asking questions based off what I have physicaly seen in regard to heim joints being used..
As I mentioned from the first post I brought this up in.. I was hesitant to even mention it for fear of being offensive.

Should we not all be more knowledgeable of the products we put on our vehicles? And should buyers not be educated when a product is more of a high maintenance item that needs regular attention and possible factors that could become an issue over time??

sorry bud, forgot the smiley, we have a show in the morn, and been up for a couple days trying to get a couple ready for it, but in honesty most everything is covered in the directions, including the adjustements. Ill try to post them this weekend,
but they do work and cure the bumpsteer
at the moment they are the only cure available
Paul only uses high quality and most he manufactures himself
I myself had my own bumpsteer kit on mine which has almost 20k on it, with end joints not quit as nice as these and they have hardly any wear.
but they must be checked and do wear, and are replacable
Like any aftermarket part that you install, especialy high performance,
headers, catback, throttle bodies, suspension so forth, all must be checked on a normal basis;)

also on the kits, as I know this is coming

4 out of the 5 trucks we tried the kits on, all had different wear on the tie rods

some of the shafts may slip right in, some you may have to take a rubber mallet and give it some persuasion , but we would rather have them tight then make them actually loose fiting

hmmm...alot of good questions from shikityshack.

i hope these kits are good , i'm driving my truck alot with wife and kids , i wont like to drive it with "what if's....".:(

dont wanna think if something happens with my family because of after market stuff that fails...:confused:

got my kit the other day, looks good except the nuts looked like they have been used, will be buy new nuts. thye look like someont took a grinder to them.

got my kit the other day, looks good except the nuts looked like they have been used, will be buy new nuts. thye look like someont took a grinder to them.

got any photos???

sounds like you are the only one that got nuts???:sheep::dontknow::D

are they the jam nuts for the rod ends??? L.H. threads???

Got mine about a week ago. Didn't have jam nuts with the kit. Shelled out a couple bucks at Fastenal and got left handed jam nuts.

lookin good:rock::rock::rock:

should be installin mine this Saturday when i rebuild the front end:rock::rock::rock:

are they 3/4 or 7/8 fine thread L.H.????

Last edited:
lookin good:rock::rock::rock:

should be installin mine this Saturday when i rebuild the front end:rock::rock::rock:

are they 3/4 or 7/8 fine thread L.H.????

Pretty sure they are 5/8's fine l/h thread. Let me see if I can find my receipt.
Make sure not to skip on the anti seize .

Last edited:
Pretty sure they are 5/8's fine l/h thread. Let me see if I can find my receipt.
Make sure not to skip on the anti seize .

BIG 10-4 on the anti-seize:rock::rock::rock:

of course nothing close to me has them:rock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back