Buying cross boarder

ontariobee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering what the extra cost's are to buy a truck in the states and bring it across to ontario. Hopefully someone who has done this can give me an idea. Thanks

Start by calling the Border Patrol at the Point of Entry you are going to use. The US side and the Canadian side. The US side is generally more of a pain than the Canadian side. Not sure about the taxes but I know just crossing the border with a US vehicle that is going to be titled in Canada can be a pain in the ass.

CanViper did it, along with some others. i know it was $ aswell as a pain in the ass like Jack stated

I brought mine across. Wasn't bad at all... And for the cost I'll have to check when I get home. I think all fees and shipping and everything was about 1500 bucks I think. That was to south sask.

I brought mine across. Wasn't bad at all... And for the cost I'll have to check when I get home. I think all fees and shipping and everything was about 1500 bucks I think. That was to south sask.

did that cover the price diff if you would have bought it north of the border. i know things are mor $$$ up there. you guys should take a note from the good ole USofA. things are cheaper here. and look how good our economy is doing. besides, who needs free healthcare anyways:dontknow:

Well I couldnt find a black 06 Rc up here. And me and you both know that I bought my truck when these truck prices were very high. So you can figure it out if I over paid or not hahaha

Start by calling the Border Patrol at the Point of Entry you are going to use. The US side and the Canadian side. The US side is generally more of a pain than the Canadian side. Not sure about the taxes but I know just crossing the border with a US vehicle that is going to be titled in Canada can be a pain in the ass.

If you're gonna contact someone at a POE (Point of Entry), you're gonna wanna contact U.S. Customs. They work the actual POE's and the Border Patrol works everything between the POE's.

Most Likely the U.S. Customs Agents aren't gonna be as concerned with any outbound traffic. It's different on the southern border with money and weapons going to the cartels. Good luck......

Well I couldnt find a black 06 Rc up here. And me and you both know that I bought my truck when these truck prices were very high. So you can figure it out if I over paid or not hahaha

hahahahahahahaha. when you know exactly what you want you gatta pay to get it

Thanks for all the help guys. The 2006 srt i found has 29,600kms and they want $25,800 for it. I think thats a good price, and its up here in canada.

Yep that's a good price up here. Like I said before... I think I'd need 35000 to let mine go.

I have brought three different vehicles up from the US. Sometimes it's worth it and sometimes not. If you can find one locally then go that route.

Well I am just over the border, between Buffalo and Niagara Falls so if ya need a place to drop it before ya import it, let me know. I got room.

It does seem like a good deal. Geodriller has possibly found a qc night runner and thats my #1 choice but my get pretty expensive by the time i get it home.

Like Geo said... Gotta pay to get what you want. Don't look at prices right now, look at what it is worth to you. And as prices are right now... I don't think you can find a bad deal.

Geo wouldn't steer you wrong, i'd trust the dude 100%. He'd act as if he were buying it for himself. Goofy bastard but i trust the dude.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back