CA Emissions

cold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With Paxton, stock exhaust manifolds, and highflow cats do I pass emissions in CA?

I seem to remember on the old site that there was no definitive answer, but any info would help.

cold said:
With Paxton, stock exhaust manifolds, and highflow cats do I pass emissions in CA?

I seem to remember on the old site that there was no definitive answer, but any info would help.

There's no CARB number for the Paxton yet..........

Mine's an '04 ......I'm getting a bit antsy........

Are your cats carb legal........?... If so, yer cool.......

Paxton is not legal yet.......

Django

I coulda sworn it was smog legal but I just checked ... it's not...
http://www.paxtonauto.com/systems_1201231.html read the print under the picture.

The first inspection is after 5 years I believe... so as long as you sell it (to a dealer) before 5 years you're good...

I said to a dealer because if you sell to private party... it needs to be smogged prior to the sale...:)

The paxton is not Carb certified...however it will pass the sniffer test....sooo....you get a guy who just goes throught the motions (90%) and you are good...

Hopefully the Paxton is Carb ceritfied by then, if not, there seems to be enough creativity and brains on this board to come up with a "solution".

Regardless, I am doing the Paxton, DC Perf. air inlet, and replacing the exhaust from the headers back sometime in the end of April.

I need to call Dan and find out how much lead time he needs to get all the parts. The nice thing is that my work is about 3 blocks from DC Peformance.

cold said:
Hopefully the Paxton is Carb ceritfied by then, if not, there seems to be enough creativity and brains on this board to come up with a "solution".

Regardless, I am doing the Paxton, DC Perf. air inlet, and replacing the exhaust from the headers back sometime in the end of April.

I need to call Dan and find out how much lead time he needs to get all the parts. The nice thing is that my work is about 3 blocks from DC Peformance.

Where is your work...I drive within 50 feet of DC 4 days a week...?

I've taken my race cars to get smogged, and they didn't bat an eye. I guess it just depends on the place. I wouldn't worry about it. The paxton doesn't even look out of place on that motor!

Mike

Nowwhat said:
clever...but no...........................:D ... I just like Campos Tacos on Robertson....

I have never been to the Campos on Robertson. I've been working here for over ten years and I have never ventured up that way for lunch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back