Call from local dodge dealer

gwarwon2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has this ever happened to anyone else. A local dodge dealer that I bring my truck in for servicing to called me up today. They told me they had a buyer for my truck and were willing to pay me top dollar or trade me a 2012 Challenger R/T for it. I told him that my 10 was not for sale and that I would rather die than trade my 10 in. The guy on the phone agreed with me and said thank you anyways. In all the whole thing was pretty crazy.

Not unusual it's happened to me a number of times. Just another way to sell you another car. Once they get you into the steelership they put the pressure on to sell that challenger. WATCH OUT!

Scam. Typical dealer garbage. Had it happen many times over the last 7 years on my 10. Had the wifes durango 2 months and they started.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Scam. Typical dealer garbage. Had it happen many times over the last 7 years on my 10. Had the wifes durango 2 months and they started.

I guess they are really hurting for some sales huh. Well I will def keep this in mind maybe change my number with them lol.

You will grt plenty of letters in the mail sayin you have a high demand vehicle and they need it asap.

I haven't gotten the phone calls, but constantly get the letters on my 10, wife's Jeep and my Grand Caravan.

You will grt plenty of letters in the mail sayin you have a high demand vehicle and they need it asap.

I wonder if by high demand they mean they want to send more cars to get crushed. lol

Has this ever happened to anyone else. A local dodge dealer that I bring my truck in for servicing to called me up today. They told me they had a buyer for my truck and were willing to pay me top dollar or trade me a 2012 Challenger R/T for it. I told him that my 10 was not for sale and that I would rather die than trade my 10 in. The guy on the phone agreed with me and said thank you anyways. In all the whole thing was pretty crazy.

So trade you a 2012 Challenger R/T straight across???

I guess they all use this scam. Every time I took my Mom"s Dodge Caravan in for warranty work she would get a letter wanting to buy it or use it as a trade in. Mom thought her van was made of gold.

So trade you a 2012 Challenger R/T straight across???

I doubt it. He made it sound that way but I bet if I would have shown up things would have changed. Even so I think I rather keep my 10 over a challenger. They are great cars, but I just cant drive cars I have a problem of hitting shit with them. lol my wife wont even let me near her Accord.

Its just good marketing. Taking someone who isn't in the market, and putting them in the market. The direct mail companies don't know or care what you drive. It's all about producing the whites of the customers eyes at a dealership.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back