Calling all Venom hood owners

Troy's QC SRT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out who all has the newer style venom hoods and how/what you did to mount the grill. did you get longer grill studs or did you have the hood shaved some? Also what about for the grill frame screws that mount inside the hood, did you install the grill first then just drill holes where they were on the grill frame? Also has anyone gotten a weight difference between the oem and venom hood?

:aetsch:

I got a Gen 1 so I have no clue.

I can send pics if need be to see if you get any ideas.

Between my bodyshop guy and I, we decided to cut slots and insert clips for the grill support.

8b0f4be8.jpg

are those nut-plate type clips that goes through that slot and the bolts goes through the hood and screws into the nut-plate Wes?

Yup, we didn't want to rely on just the fiberglass to hold it on.

the fiberglass is pretty dang thick on the gen 2....dont know if its any difference or not from the gen 1....maybe Tony will chime in and answer that for me.....if not i may steal that idea Wes ;) Just gotta find a good body shop local to me. Not worried about paint for the moment...just want to get it mounted!

i have one of only 4 ventless gen1 hoods alive ,,i had one that was messed up got rid of it and bought the other from another member that sold his truck before he painted it ,,i dont have time to get it done before PCB so the unveiling will have to wait ,,,the ventless ones look way cooler :D

I found a guy in my town who use to do bodywork for dealerships, now he has a paint shop. I just let him figure how to mount the grill and the rest after he painted the gen 2 hood. He was really good and cheap. I also had him paint and install my street scene signal mirrors. :top:

I found a guy in my town who use to do bodywork for dealerships, now he has a paint shop. I just let him figure how to mount the grill and the rest after he painted the gen 2 hood. He was really good and cheap. I also had him paint and install my street scene signal mirrors. :top:

You think you could post a few pics of it for me? Like pics of where the grill is mounted and the latch please

found a good local shop. I left the hood with him today and Wed. i'll drop off my truck since I leave for Cali thursday morning. He said he should have it fitted by the time i return and during the process he'll text me photos as he progresses. Also I'm shooting for getting the grills studs longer which he knows and says shouldn't be a problem. It's funny because alot of shops screams for the hills when they see a fiberglass hood! They say that they see so many crapy hoods with crazy fitment problems that they try to stay away from. I didn't try to convince him that this hood would have minimum issues but i told him that I got it from the same guy that pretty much did my engine bay ;) which he was already admiring the quality of the powder coating and detail. I told him that if he was interested contact the # from the sticker on my back window :rock:

Oh and we both agreed that the smart thing to do would be to fit the hood and leave it like that for awhile before painting it so we should see another venom hood at PCB! unpainted though, I think it would look pretty decent on my truck though

Fit it, paint it, and roll to PCB :aetsch:

You could always have him shoot it flat black

Troy, if you still need those pics I will take them once I get home from work and have em up in the morning. I would post them tonight but, I can't get cable or DSL in the sticks. I hate satellites for internet cause you can't play Xbox live so I have no internet at home. :( I do have an Xbox at work though. LOL

Last edited:
i think a black hood would look titties on ur truck. silver abd blackk is badass together, but thats JMHO

i think a black hood would look titties on ur truck. silver abd blackk is badass together, but thats JMHO

im going to let it sit in just primer black for awhile but eventually i want to paint it silver and maybe the vents black

that would look pretty sweet too. pretty much cant go wrong with silver and black. im sure whatever u decide will look good. u could also do silver with a black fang type shape like the YF and CE's have in black?:dontknow:

I hope these help, sorry It got a little dark before I could finish.

Attachments

• P1000075.JPG
    P1000075.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 219
  • P1000076.JPG
    P1000076.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 131
  • P1000078.JPG
    P1000078.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 140

Latest posts

Support Us