Cam and Heads

qcviper05

Reaction score
wuts up all. I am considering getting a cam and heads for my quad cab and was lookin for suggestions on who too go with. Anybody have experience with rolling thunderz, i was lookin at there phase 3 head and cam package. Also any insight on install cost would be great

ya they are great they build a mean maching... they are doing the work on my truck .. ive seen several of there cars run out.. reall nice and quick .. they do tons of viper work.. i think they had the fastest NA viper out there for a bit.... not sure who does now... when u call em up talk to NED tell him ken sent ya...

ohhh ya .. depending on your needs they can custom grind you a cam for what you are looking for.. but my buddie has a cam in his 05 viper and wow it sounds amazing has a real lump to it .almost a v8 sound at idol its really sweet..... call up ned at rollingthunderz.com and he'll get ya what you need

What's your application?

MG42pillbox said:
Any good cams out there that make a big diff?

No, not that make a big difference.
Cams & heads work together.
The factory cam isn't all that bad with the factory heads.

But a new Cam WITH new Heads... Yes, a big difference.

Last edited:
qcviper05 said:
wuts up all. I am considering getting a cam and heads for my quad cab and was lookin for suggestions on who too go with. Anybody have experience with rolling thunderz, i was lookin at there phase 3 head and cam package. Also any insight on install cost would be great

Thats gonna cost ya an arm and a Leg

Are you planning on forced induction at any point? If so, you'll need a head/cam package to compliment the forced induction. If you arent going forced induction the striker/stryker heads are about the best for the Viper motor application. I havent a clue as to a cam.

im not really planning on f/i, maybe a little nitrous later but really just lookin for more streetable performance. I would really like to have a little more bottom end rather than top end power because i drive the truck dailey and dont really wind it up too much

ViperTruck2933 (Tim) did a heads and cam package on his regular cab. Do a search and you'll find the dyno charts, maybe a before and after even.

Give Comp Cams a call, or another company. They have two grinds for our engines already. You can use those or modify them as you like. Costs around 550 for a custom cam.
Justin may have some suggestions.
Tim did an agressive Non-FI cam.
Taliban Dan can also help you on this forum.

Once again, need to know your application, what you intend to mod your truck with?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back