Cam Shaft Sensor.

Did you actually receive it though? Many say they can get it but once they realize they aren't made any longer they apologize. If so I may need to try them. I've tried everyone down to the manufacturers and other model vehicles ;)
Got those headers ready? Lol

Yes i have the new sensor. I really am having trouble parting with the headers. I may need them. other than the stock manifolds, the headers are the only way to reinstall the stock exhaust.. (Emissions testing) I am catless at the moment. :D

Attachments

• Cam Sensor.jpg
    Cam Sensor.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Yes i have the new sensor in the toolbox. and i really am having trouble parting with the headers. I may need them. other than the stock manifolds, the headers are the only way to reinstall the stock exhaust.. (Emissions testing) I am catless at the moment. :D

Awesome! Glad to hear you actually received one. Ahh you didn't say that when you said you'd sell them to me? No biggy. Let me know soon if you change your mind bud. Thanks for the info

Yes i have the new sensor in the toolbox. and i really am having trouble parting with the headers. I may need them. other than the stock manifolds, the headers are the only way to reinstall the stock exhaust.. (Emissions testing) I am catless at the moment. :D

Do you have the NAPA part #? I have to do a parts run on the way home from work tomorrow. I would like to pick one up.

Do you have the NAPA part #? I have to do a parts run on the way home from work tomorrow. I would like to pick one up.

Sorry! I tossed the receipt, I guess. Can't find it. After pulling the heads, I did a cleanup! LOL :dontknow:

If anyone close to me is down and absolutely needs it , I may part with it. they really are simply a magnet. I don't believe they go bad. They seem to be the first place to start when the engine isn't working properly.

If anyone close to me is down and absolutely needs it , I may part with it. they really are simply a magnet. I don't believe they go bad. They seem to be the first place to start when the engine isn't working properly.

The magnet isn't the hard part. It's the chip inside that goes out and as of now they really are important to have if ya can find. It took everything I had to get a Puerto Rican customer, a Texas customer and a Viper car owner in Hawaii one and they had looked months as well prior to asking me with no luck.
That's why I contacted Wells, Chrysler HQ, and SRT and told them we have a problem. Without a replacement we are dead in the water and that's not cool. I've even tried other vehicle applications as I've mentioned earlier and they were no longer available. Depth, connector, and chip reading, and mounting are all crucial and no other vehicle shared those features. It an issue that needed addressing and I contacted all
I could to get them in production but like all part for our trucks/cars there wasn't a demand so they cancelled production. Well no there wasn't a need as many don't accumulate mileage being these are that type of vehicle. Now, mileage in cases but moreso age has caused the chips to fail like most electrical parts and we are left with $25k-60k artwork that won't run :(
My concern is for all of my customers and owners in general. Without this sensor our trucks will not run!

OK. instead of the sarcasm,

Thanks.

Get used to it----just the way he swings. Many, many others here will give you honest, straightforward answers without attempting to make you feel you had rather be on another forum.

OK. That's good to know. I as going by the parts catalog.

So this definitely fits? Any modification to make it work? And, no I don't think I have to have the OEM one, so instead of the sarcasm, maybe you could have shared that you made the part work.

Thanks.

I looked at them long ago as well as another that should work but has a pigtail on connector. Regardless all were discontinued and no longer manufactured. If one of you that actually gets one posts a part number and source it'd be great. I spent my countless hours of research time. :D

NAPA AUTO PARTS.................. this is an Echlin Part # The Standard ingnition part # is PC-142. this is the one i recieved from NAPA. I posted a pic see post # 32. :)

Last edited:
NAPA AUTO PARTS.................. this is an Echlin Part # The Standard ingnition part # is PC-142. this is the one i recieved from NAPA. I posted a pic see post # 32. :)

I have called everyone under the sun, and once you actually go to order, they tell you its discontinued.

Regarding the iron block V-10 sensor, it MAY work. However, these are NOT magnetic sensors, they are hall-effect. The signal may differ. After all, why would the manufacturer and aftermarket make TWO sensors that are the same, under two different part numbers, in two different colors? The OE I can see doing that to jack the price, but the aftermarket wouldn't bother. If anyone has one of the Iron Block versions, we can test it to confirm the signal is the same type. They may have an inverse output, one version may be Hall and the other Inductive type, etc.

I have called everyone under the sun, and once you actually go to order, they tell you its discontinued.

Regarding the iron block V-10 sensor, it MAY work. However, these are NOT magnetic sensors, they are hall-effect. The signal may differ. After all, why would the manufacturer and aftermarket make TWO sensors that are the same, under two different part numbers, in two different colors? The OE I can see doing that to jack the price, but the aftermarket wouldn't bother. If anyone has one of the Iron Block versions, we can test it to confirm the signal is the same type. They may have an inverse output, one version may be Hall and the other Inductive type, etc.

I also had the same problem. Sounds like somebody needs to start producing these.... (hint, hint) :D

Me three...I've attempted to order from three different places (Parts.com (OEM Sensor 5245084), Napa (CSS713), and Advance Auto Parts (BWD CSS633) and all of my orders have been cancelled. I even called several dealerships (with one Service counter employee checking the national dealer database) and she notified me that there were none available.

Lets get an aftermarket option going on this!

Me three...I've attempted to order from three different places (Parts.com (OEM Sensor 5245084), Napa (CSS713), and Advance Auto Parts (BWD CSS633) and all of my orders have been cancelled. I even called several dealerships (with one Service counter employee checking the national dealer database) and she notified me that there were none available.

Lets get an aftermarket option going on this!

I'm working on it ;)

OK, I have read through 6 FUCKING pages of this and still have not read what you have to do to the earlier sensor to make the FUCKING thing work.

OK, I have read through 6 FUCKING pages of this and still have not read what you have to do to the earlier sensor to make the FUCKING thing work.

You would have to plug it in. That's it! Nothing special although that guy made it sound as if, lol. Again, problem is they don't exist as far as I've found. No stock anywhere in the world.

You attitude, surprised anyone answered you at all. :chain: Honey vs. vinegar. :dontknow: Have a nice day. :D

I ordered a CSS633 from advance yesterday and it was delivered today.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back