can anyone de code a rod number?

10-1=9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got my melted piston back from the builder. Can anyone de code the numbers on the stock rod? DC549AAB 2194B12350MX is the number. It should be a right side rod/piston combo. Im trying to figure out if it was stock 2005 or replaced later.

Thank you. It looked to me like a date & time code along with the part number. When I get the other 9 old pistons home maybe I can tell by comparing them.

Thank you. It looked to me like a date & time code along with the part number. When I get the other 9 old pistons home maybe I can tell by comparing them.

I'm not sure what you would be able to tell? If you were to order OEM replacement pistons and rods they would say the same thing.

What happened to your truck?

They are the same cracked-powder rod used by the 6.1 L Hemi engine.

A screen name that hasn't been seen for a long time. We miss your knowledge around here.

I'm not sure what you would be able to tell? If you were to order OEM replacement pistons and rods they would say the same thing.

What happened to your truck?

#10 piston melted in the ring land area on the pin side where the piston is thin. Trying to figure out 2 things. 1. Why it melted N/A? 2. The engine appeared to have been opened up before. Looks like the right side head was removed at one time. Did the engine have a prior problem in the number #10 cyl & someone just put in a new piston& rod to Dr. up the engine for sale?

#10 piston melted in the ring land area on the pin side where the piston is thin. Trying to figure out 2 things. 1. Why it melted N/A? 2. The engine appeared to have been opened up before. Looks like the right side head was removed at one time. Did the engine have a prior problem in the number #10 cyl & someone just put in a new piston& rod to Dr. up the engine for sale?

It's easy to melt a piston on an N/A truck. All it needs is some poor tuning.

It's easy to melt a piston on an N/A truck. All it needs is some poor tuning.

That's what I was thinking. Figured I was helping the engine out by adding a SCT not killing it. Last piston I seen melted like mine came out of a girls 2003 H-D Sportster 883 with 190 miles. Eventually found out the prior owner let the bike sit running in the garage to keep the battery charged. Air cooled engine without air flow will overheat. A $40 batt tender would have saved it an earley death.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back