Can I get a STRAIGHT Answer??

DUPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done a few searches on here for 'Bed Capacity', 'Towing Capacity' ... everything, but haven't really found a straight answer for what I'm looking for.

I'm at work.... and need to know how much my '05 QC can haul. I need to haul (about 3-3.5 hours) the following:

60 boxes of 50lb. Tile Flooring. Math majors... that is 3,000 lbs. Can it be done???

if your towing it on a trailer i would think so, i tow a boat with mine without problems. i know it weighs over 3000 lbs.

The RC isn't rated that high. I don't remember the actual number but I wouldn't do it. You might de-arch your springs.

i've looked and looked and I see that it says a QC can TOW up to about 7500 lbs.... but i'm looking to put 3000 lbs in the bed of the QC (not RC) ... so I don't know if that is any different... Can't find much about putting things in the bed.

I guess as long as the wheel well doesn't hit??? It sucks, cause I'm helping my father out and I JUUUUST CLAYBAR'd the entire thing this week and got water spots out and it is looking as beautiful as it ever has right now... i don't want ANYTHING messing it up..... but i gotta help him out.

You want to find the Gross Vehicle Weight capacity. Subract the Curb Weight from this and that will tell you what you can put in the bed!!:D

thats what i'm saying!!! but he DEFINITELY is a cheap skate, and SHOCKER: I'm not putting any money into this!

I have hauled a 4,000LBS block of steel in my RC. Its a little tough on the clutch but I got the job done!

Its too much wieght for this truck. If your gonna haul this stuff on a regular basis you should get a 3500 series or F-350. I go through this stuff all the time. You will will b e dragging your azz and the leaf springs will de - arch and will not last long. If your only going to do this once its ok . I have carried
full pallets of Masonary material, sheetrock etc which wieghs about the same
In a 1500 Ram which has the same springs... not my SRT!!

nycstev said:
Its too much wieght for this truck. If your gonna haul this stuff on a regular basis you should get a 3500 series or F-350. I go through this stuff all the time. You will will b e dragging your azz and the leaf springs will de - arch and will not last long. If your only going to do this once its ok . I have carried
full pallets of Masonary material, sheetrock etc which wieghs about the same
In a 1500 Ram which has the same springs... not my SRT!!

thanks man,

I am only doing this 1 time though.... normally nothing goes back there but little things.... like my softball bat bag, a ladder... little things like that.

Another problem is that the tires are not rated for this kind of weight. An overloaded tire will build heat fast and cause seperation of the plies. On a short trip you might get by but not the extended driving you are talking about.

your best bet is a small uhaul or something honestly. just see problems and 20 bucks for a uhaul for a day is a lot cheaper than screwing up something on the truck.

Soapy said:
Another problem is that the tires are not rated for this kind of weight. An overloaded tire will build heat fast and cause seperation of the plies. On a short trip you might get by but not the extended driving you are talking about.
He's right.. Didnt realize was 3-4 hour trip!
Rent something or have it delivered

Steve

qc realistic bed capacity is 2000 at the most for a short distance,now towing on the other hand i've had 13k on my trailer

If I'm not mistaken the bed is rated for 750lbs. The truck can tow 7500lbs. Since I use my truck for my construction business I've been in your same dilemma a few times. I have had 4000 lbs in the bed on a couple times for a very short trip. I do not recommend this but I have done it without problems but for a 300+ mile trip rent a Uhaul.

rent a truck from home depot for $30! 3000 pounds is to much, plus I doubt it will fit all at once.

Actually the springs on the RC are ten times better than the ones on the QC.

take a close look and it is very apparent the difference in springs.

Be careful on the QC loading it, it will sag pretty bad on ya, I would jsut buy a $300 trailor at lowes to use or like Dave said just rent one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back