Can't launch....

May sound simplistic but the 325/50 Kumhos on the rear of my '04 RC hook up real well. I don't quite dump the clutch and come out mid-rpm and they do not burn much and it is just enough to keep me from bogging in spite of the fact their taller diameter gears me the wrong way for launches. These taller tires and the '04's 4.10 make my first gear almost like my wife's 2nd gear in her '06 but I like doing 75 at only 1400 rpm.

if you can somehow hold ur RPMs @ 2000 and sidestep the cluch and just nail it that works for me,you get a littlie spin just enough to get the truck pulling and not boiling the tires!
but to each there own

Thanks guys for the input. Looks like I will have to find some slicks and rims. What size rims will fit over the brakes? What size tires?

Go to Wilwood brakes rotors and calipers...use 15 inch wheels...

I have an extra set of Wilwood's if you are interested.

Only do this if you are really interested in hooking up...While you are at it you should get the Stinker rear end with the Detroit Locker. The spider gears in his setup will take all the abuse you want to throw at it. It will also save you about 100 lbs. Contact Stinker for details.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back