Carbon Fiber Dash Kit

Gustafsson64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 3d molded carbon fiber dash kit for 06 ram through carid.com anyone like these or have any experience with these kits? it says its for a 4dr quad cab 06 ram with navigation, im assuming that fits

thoughts?
suggestions?

My immediate thought is : dont do it !

I know with CARid, we have a new Vendor here and i am happy to see new products being promoted, but a "look alike" sticker set for a RAM SRT10......

NO WAY !

Do it right, or dont do it. Just my opinion.

s4twin has a great write up with pictures on the real carbon fiber overlays he did on his interior. Looks 1000X better than stickers.

I put the gloss black overlay kit in my Jeep and I would not recommend it. I disliked the all grey interior and wanted to highlight some areas but after installing it it I regret the purchase. I would say it is acceptable but not my standard - it has a cheap feel to it. I would look into a real overlay or hydrodipping. The 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vinyl is also something that I would not recommend. I have tried it as well and it also looks acceptable but not as good as the real thing.

2nd go around.....

There is actually a company that does custom overlay, its call oCarbon - carbon fiber products. Check it out if anyone is interested in getting their stuff laminated. They are highly recommended in the Audi world.

just finished laying the last layer of epoxy. I went ahead and redid them because I was able to see very tiny spots of the original silver coating, through the single layer of carbon(wife couldn't tell at all, but I could....just being a perfectionist). Hopefully this second layer will cover up all the tiny imperfections. If not, I'll lay the three layer. It really isn't that hard to do, just time and patience's....

There is actually a company that does custom overlay, its call oCarbon - carbon fiber products. Check it out if anyone is interested in getting their stuff laminated. They are highly recommended in the Audi world.

just finished laying the last layer of epoxy. I went ahead and redid them because I was able to see very tiny spots of the original silver coating, through the single layer of carbon(wife couldn't tell at all, but I could....just being a perfectionist). Hopefully this second layer will cover up all the tiny imperfections. If not, I'll lay the three layer. It really isn't that hard to do, just time and patience's....

Hey guy. Would you be interested in doing a couple of pieces from my jeep? Lmk 6469968443. Thanks

Check out maverick man carbon. He makes great looking products. None for our trucks but maybe he could be talked into it. I had a few of his parts when I had my GTO.

The rep from carid said its not sticker or overlays, but are molded pieces that take place of your existing pieces. They have different kits which one of them is overlays etc..

are they b.s.ing?

Get the real thing or not at all.

The term- although not used that much anymore for something like that used to be- RICER!

Its to a point the CF look has been so riced out that when I see CF I immediately think FACK or RICE.

If you are looking for a new interior look think of something else. CF overlays seem...Over done at best and RICEY at their worst.

My brother has the CF in his 13 300 SRT8 and even that looks kind of cheap to me.

'Moe

i like the carbon look as long as its not over done, it can actually look really presentable, I am in contact now with a guy who does custom work on audi and BMW, and wow they look so nice, he has agreed to do my SRT-10 just waiting on quote for 10 pieces....door pieces, dash, and center console 2006 srt

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back