Catalytic

viperpowered505

Reaction score
I have 2005 Quad Cab SRT 10 solider. I only have two high flow cats. Took the other two off, but I have a check engine light that came on two weeks after I got it done. The code says bank 1... Do I need to put the other cats on? Does anyone also know what size rim and and size slicks I can go with for the track?:dontknow:

viperpowered505 said:
I have 2005 Quad Cab SRT 10 solider. I only have two high flow cats. Took the other two off, but I have a check engine light that came on two weeks after I got it done. The code says bank 1... Do I need to put the other cats on? Does anyone also know what size rim and and size slicks I can go with for the track?:dontknow:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27592&highlight=slicks

did you put the rear o2 sensors back in after the hi flow install. most of the time the sensors dont like the amount of flow from hi flows, they think they are bad b/c the flow so much.

I've heard of one of three options, two will work, the other two I'm not sure of.

1) Get a tune - verified to work as long as you tell them to turn this off, literally all they do is turn the code off from turning on
2) Get 02 simulators - verified to work, they trick the computer into thinking they're still there.
3) Take off the 02 sensors in the rear, block them up, and then tie the 02 sensors up to the frame rails - unverified to work or not.

All these 02 sensors do is check for catalytic effeciency as far as I'm aware. Your first 02 sensors do all of the tuning. The second ones just check to make sure the cats are okay. The first 02 sensors are before the cats so taking them out should not affect the tuning at all. The only reason this code comes on is because it thinks the cats went bad. Everyone I talk to it seems (minus people that actually know) thinks that taking out the cats affects the tune and makes your car run bad. In most cases this is complete bs.

viperpowered505 said:
what's the actual code ??

when you say "bank 1" (drivers side), is it followed by a 1 (front o2) or 2 (rear o2) ? sometimes sensors just go bad...... before i completely replaced my exhaust system, i removed the rear two cats without any cel's.....:)

drag radials ?? lots of us use the 17x10 american eagles 058 series with m&h 390 drag radials for the track......:burnout:

Last edited:
i have mids with the high flow cats (B&B). re-inserted the sensors in the bungs provided... no cels',no problems.

perk_1405 said:
did you put the rear o2 sensors back in after the hi flow install. most of the time the sensors dont like the amount of flow from hi flows, they think they are bad b/c the flow so much.
yes i still have them in.....

4to10cyl said:
I've heard of one of three options, two will work, the other two I'm not sure of.

1) Get a tune - verified to work as long as you tell them to turn this off, literally all they do is turn the code off from turning on
2) Get 02 simulators - verified to work, they trick the computer into thinking they're still there.
3) Take off the 02 sensors in the rear, block them up, and then tie the 02 sensors up to the frame rails - unverified to work or not.

All these 02 sensors do is check for catalytic effeciency as far as I'm aware. Your first 02 sensors do all of the tuning. The second ones just check to make sure the cats are okay. The first 02 sensors are before the cats so taking them out should not affect the tuning at all. The only reason this code comes on is because it thinks the cats went bad. Everyone I talk to it seems (minus people that actually know) thinks that taking out the cats affects the tune and makes your car run bad. In most cases this is complete bs.

Thanks! This is very good info. I will see about getting a tune first. Will let you know how that turns out. Thanks agian.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back