catch can

Devil Inside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i was looking into getting a CAI from one of our vendors and was wondering if i needed to get a catch can with it. any input would be great

Thanks

Devil

Not really a "need" item but i can tell you from experience its good idea to have one. These motor have ALOT of crank pressure. Justin @ jmb has a good intake and catch can setup you could get that would all match and look very nice.

srt10ramcatchcan.jpg

Yeah that's who I'm going to be ordering it from. Just wasnt sure if it was a big must have

Yeah that's who I'm going to be ordering it from. Just wasnt sure if it was a big must have

Yea not a must have item on a N/A truck but worth the cost thats forsure

orange look so nice inside your engine bay Rare

Oh no thats not mine in the picture. Thats just the one from his website. I accually have a K&N intake and red jmb catch can setup. If i would of known about Justin's intake when i bought the k&n one i would of bought jmb intake hands down

This maybe a dumb question, whats the catch can do? I have an idea of what it does but don't know exactly

As said it helps to get oil from the crank case but the main reason is, that oily air has less oxygen and therefor less horespower is created during the Combustion process. Thats about it.

Catches the oil and junk that is blown out of the crank case.

Yup,stock setup plumbs it to the underside of the intake manifold and "recycles" it back through engine.problem is all that oily waste gunks up your valves and plugs

Yup,stock setup plumbs it to the underside of the intake manifold and "recycles" it back through engine.problem is all that oily waste gunks up your valves and plugs

They also help reduce detonation and if you run two like I do for the reason of being is if I were to have blow by issue I would know what side right away.

Justin has wayyyyy too many colours to choose from. I have no clue what colour to get. Also anyone with a k&n have a catch can? you put it towards the front of the truck?

They also help reduce detonation and if you run two like I do for the reason of being is if I were to have blow by issue I would know what side right away.

I like your way of thinking:rock: Anyone ever use the universal billet ones off of Ebay??????? Is a catch can a catch can, will they all do the same thing?? Thanks:D

I like your way of thinking:rock: Anyone ever use the universal billet ones off of Ebay??????? Is a catch can a catch can, will they all do the same thing?? Thanks:D

Yeah I got some moroso cans from local shop, as long as it has a drain,top hole for filter and an inlet, it will work.

Thanks! Do you have a pic of your setup?? I have an 04, how would I plumb it?

It doesn't determine what side. The crankcase is a common area, no matter what bank is leaking it "should" come out of both cans. But there is a slight variable, the stock barbs or nipples on the valve covers do not have the same orifice size through the barb. Even though they appear the same from the outside, if you remove them you will notice one side is much more closed off than the other (I don't remember which side is which). So when using unmodified valve covers, then yes the vapors may tend to go more to one can than the other due to a restriction at one valve cover. But in a case like your plumbing where we modified the valve covers for the ORB threads, the orifice size is the same therefore allowing the vapors to exit both sides with the same efficiency.

Hopefully that makes sense?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back