Centerforce Clutch and Fidanza Fly Wheel...opinions please..

Should I Buy a New Clutch & Flywheel?

• Buy Clutch & Flywheel..

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Clutch only..

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Flywheel only...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do Not Buy Either!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FSTJACK said:
Patrick, If I recall correctly you have 4.88 gears. This would make a light flywheel more likely to work correctly.

I am building the red truck and it will have 800+ HP and I am going with a heavy wheel. I am going to run a McLeod dual disk kevlar clutch with the heavy steel flywheel.

The light wheel works well in the Viper cars, but does not store enough energy for the trucks with 4.10s or 4.56s.

I have drag raced for many years, and a light wheel is good with the right combination. The heavy wheel works out better if you are not going with 4.88s or lower gears in the Viper truck.

The Centerforce is a good clutch set up. Go with the upgraded hydraulics.

Interesting..thanks Jack...:)

LitemUp said:
I just finished redoing my clutch, and went with a new stock flywheel. I would highly recomend upgrading the hydralics (master/slave) big difference in pedal feel.

The M/S Slave kit is a definite...just was going to order it with the clutch if I went that route....which looks like what I should do...still in the air on the flywheel..hmmm..:toilet:

I got the Centerforce clutch and Viper master/slave along with the Fidenza.

I took the Fidenza out and put a stock flywheel back in.The Fidenza is just too light.The truck was very "jerky" and hard to drive around town.Had to keep giving it throttle and working the clutch.Stopping on hills was just awful.

After re-installing the stock flywheel I actually enjoyed driving the truck again.Smooth and responsive and easier to drive in town/traffic.

I definitely would advise AGAINST the Fidenza.

Ok, you guys have me almost convinced...

How hard is it to remove the Fidanza and put the stock flywheen back on?

Special tools or adjustment required or is it just a basic swap?

Thanks!

Mike

the fidenza makes it rev quicker but doesn't hold up under drag race applications ......the clutch will last longer than the fly wheel......I ended up going to center force and stock flywheel combo....mutch better. the fidenza is better sutied to the lighter viper car.

Easy if you don't mind pulling the drive line, dropping the transmission and removing the clutch...with a lift 3.5 hours start to finish.

I see. Sounds like a job for a professional... More than anything I'm concerned about getting everything properly adjusted, if there is any.

SRT-MIKE said:
I see. Sounds like a job for a professional... More than anything I'm concerned about getting everything properly adjusted, if there is any.

Good thought.....me too!

HOT RAM said:
I got the Centerforce clutch and Viper master/slave along with the Fidenza.

I took the Fidenza out and put a stock flywheel back in.The Fidenza is just too light.The truck was very "jerky" and hard to drive around town.Had to keep giving it throttle and working the clutch.Stopping on hills was just awful.

After re-installing the stock flywheel I actually enjoyed driving the truck again.Smooth and responsive and easier to drive in town/traffic.

I definitely would advise AGAINST the Fidenza.

This is good feedback....I had read posts around the forum giving negative feedback on the Fidenza. The negative posts were more numerous but sometimes the minority is louder...so far this thread is showing that the Fidenza may not be the way to go for our trucks..

The majority so far have voted against and there are no posts giving positive feedback to back up the "for Fidenza" votes......thanks to all who have posted & voted and I welcome more feedback to help me with my decision....which right now is definitely do the clutch but let's see more discussion on the Firdenza..:)

FSTJACK said:
Patrick, If I recall correctly you have 4.88 gears. This would make a light flywheel more likely to work correctly.

I am building the red truck and it will have 800+ HP and I am going with a heavy wheel. I am going to run a McLeod dual disk kevlar clutch with the heavy steel flywheel.

The light wheel works well in the Viper cars, but does not store enough energy for the trucks with 4.10s or 4.56s.

I have drag raced for many years, and a light wheel is good with the right combination. The heavy wheel works out better if you are not going with 4.88s or lower gears in the Viper truck.

The Centerforce is a good clutch set up. Go with the upgraded hydraulics.

Yes Jack I do have the 4.88 gears. You have an interesting point, I did not know that before. I just went for the Fidanza because at the time 2.5 years ago it was what everybody was doing. The only person whom told me not to was srt10x3 He said it was just too light. Turns out he had a very good point. Actually Dan at DC wasnt supportive of it either...........he didnt even reccomend the centerforce clutch if I remember correctly.

It works for my needs so far. If I did it again, I probably would save the bucks and just get the stock flywheel.

So Tnviper, my vote would be save some cash.... buy the stocker flywheel, centerforce and viper hydrolics.

VPRPWR has the same setup as me and told me his truck with SC'r and NOS has over 100 passes at the track with no problems........and if I remember correctly he has the stock 4.10 gears.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Yes Jack I do have the 4.88 gears. You have an interesting point, I did not know that before. I just went for the Fidanza because at the time 2.5 years ago it was what everybody was doing. The only person whom told me not to was srt10x3 He said it was just too light. Turns out he had a very good point. Actually Dan at DC wasnt supportive of it either...........he didnt even reccomend the centerforce clutch if I remember correctly.

It works for my needs so far. If I did it again, I probably would save the bucks and just get the stock flywheel.

So Tnviper, my vote would be save some cash.... buy the stocker flywheel, centerforce and viper hydrolics.

VPRPWR has the same setup as me and told me his truck with SC'r and NOS has over 100 passes at the track with no problems........and if I remember correctly he has the stock 4.10 gears.

patrick

Thanks Patrick....your post combined with others has made my decision....Center Force clutch with stock flywheel....this is what makes this forum great..

Repalace they are known for thier problems. 2 out of 4 that I have owned have had issues.

Recomend replacing slave kit out of a viper as well. Dont Skimp now youl pay later!

dan440 said:
Repalace they are known for thier problems. 2 out of 4 that I have owned have had issues.

Recomend replacing slave kit out of a viper as well. Dont Skimp now youl pay later!

Yes, slave kit change is definite........in fact, I just bought the slave kit and clutch off another member here who had the set new in the box...:rock:

TNVIPER said:
Thanks Patrick....your post combined with others has made my decision....Center Force clutch with stock flywheel....this is what makes this forum great..

No problem dude. All my mods were a result of this site and its members. Its a great community.:rock:

You will really notice a difference in the power with the new clutch setup. I really felt the power transfers to the wheels so much more after install...........actually after the break in period......cause thats very important, dont skimp there.......500 city style miles of shifting with no revs over 3k.

Make sure you have the shims for the viper hydrolics...........gotta have em to work properly.

patrick

RATS! I was digging through my junk pile and could not find the stock flywheel, must have pitched it when I did the swap.

Once again I repeated that same old mistake by violating the cardinal rule: Never throw away stock parts.

Any ideas on where I might find a replacement?

Thanks!

They are very cheap...a little over $200. Why use an old one when you can get a new one with no chance of surface issues for so little.

They are $144 my price, give me a ring and I can get you set up, 314-540-1541
Justin

mauiSRT/10 said:
No problem dude. All my mods were a result of this site and its members. Its a great community.:rock:

You will really notice a difference in the power with the new clutch setup. I really felt the power transfers to the wheels so much more after install...........actually after the break in period......cause thats very important, dont skimp there.......500 city style miles of shifting with no revs over 3k.

Make sure you have the shims for the viper hydrolics...........gotta have em to work properly.

patrick

500 MILES???:eek: ...CITY MILES AT THAT!...dang...It will be about 4 weeks since I drove my truck by the time it is ready and you say nothing over 3K RPMs?.....hmmmm..driving thru the city averaging 40MPH means it will take 12.5 hrs to hit 500...:(

TNVIPER said:
500 MILES???:eek: ...CITY MILES AT THAT!...dang...It will be about 4 weeks since I drove my truck by the time it is ready and you say nothing over 3K RPMs?.....hmmmm..driving thru the city averaging 40MPH means it will take 12.5 hrs to hit 500...:(
Patience is a virtue ................ :D ;) ;) :D

Prof said:
They are very cheap...a little over $200. Why use an old one when you can get a new one with no chance of surface issues for so little.

Very good point.

Justin, I will call you shortly, thanks!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back