Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Review / Rating

RedSrt007 said:
New Updates..(edited post , read bottom of post #1)
the centerforce is the best clutch i have used to date, mine has over 4k on it, and its a HARD 4k!
we put CF's in all of our installs.

BOOMER said:
the centerforce is the best clutch i have used to date, mine has over 4k on it, and its a HARD 4k!
we put CF's in all of our installs.

Mine had a very tough 20,000K+ miles and still going strong now with its new owner:D

Very Nice write-up - Thank You!

Another 'upgrade' on my To-Do list!:D

RedSrt007 said:
Good Question,

Talking to the head of the Engineering Department for Centerforce, he stated that for the application I use it for (track and street) and this truck, that the factory flywheel would be the best. I take his recommendations very seriously since I have been working with him step by step with this review; he would only recommend the best for us.

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask since he will be reviewing this link from time to time.

Thanks

Patrick

What are the advantages/disadvantages to using stock flywheel vs. the lighter ones ?:dontknow:

HOT RAM said:
What are the advantages/disadvantages to using stock flywheel vs. the lighter ones ?:dontknow:
I was looking for similar feedback on the flywheel, looking at going lighter. I did one in a previous car that had a V6 made a little difference. The biggest thing, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is less centrifical mass so it will rev up much faster, however in some cases having a heavier flywheel can be benifical. I did notice in my car that there was a bit more clutch chatter with the lighten flywheel, reverse was kinda tricky but once gotten used to it was fine. It seemed to be a little be more snappy on the throttle but you know how that seat of the pants thing works, most of it can be in your head making up for spending the money, I never did dyno it to see if there was a hard number to back up my theory. Curious to see what anyone who's done it has to say :dontknow:

InfinitySRT said:
I was looking for similar feedback on the flywheel, looking at going lighter. I did one in a previous car that had a V6 made a little difference. The biggest thing, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, is less centrifical mass so it will rev up much faster, however in some cases having a heavier flywheel can be benifical. I did notice in my car that there was a bit more clutch chatter with the lighten flywheel, reverse was kinda tricky but once gotten used to it was fine. It seemed to be a little be more snappy on the throttle but you know how that seat of the pants thing works, most of it can be in your head making up for spending the money, I never did dyno it to see if there was a hard number to back up my theory. Curious to see what anyone who's done it has to say :dontknow:
I think those who have it are going to like it (if for no other reason) because they spent the money on it. :D I know I am that way about the stuff I buy. Can't help it. If you are building your motor talk to your builder and get his take.
My builder doesn't see any benefit because he says the advantage is in the highest rpm range 5500 rpms and higher. My motor won't see much time over 5500 rpms as the power/torque curve falls off up there anyway. So he told me to spend my money elsewhere and keep the stock flywheel.

2 cents

LitemUp said:
Thanks for the info, and keep us update after you break here in.
Have you put this on the dyno yet? If so what is the RWHP and T? I am looking at doing the same or going to the roe Blower. Any input here? I have the same color SRT 10 and now looking to add all the goodies.

I want to do this mod soon, as I could feel my clutch going a little. So i want to be ready, is there anyone out there not satisfied with the CenterForce Clutch. Do i also need a Viper Slave? if that is correct. I seen something on DC Performance

I want to do this mod soon, I just want to know are there any tips or mods i should add on to this, like a better flywheel or Viper Slave?

Very informative thread! I aak at that moment with my truck, my slave I believe is leaking, so I am going with the centerforce. My clutch isn't slipping so I will probably just machine the flywheel if it doesn't look to bad. Shouldn't have many hot spots to deal with. I will keep y'all posted!

Good post... My truck has the centerforce in it and I think I need to upgrade my Hydraulics as mentioned.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back