Challenger vs. Benz...you can run but can't hide...

I remember seeing something about this on the new for a second yesterday...The guy in the benz is some NBA player.

05QCSRT10 said:
I remember seeing something about this on the new for a second yesterday...The guy in the benz is some NBA player.
The first post says it was Tyreke Evans.Sacromento Kings.

OCBob said:
I'm just wondering when they started doing full-on felony stops for speeding?

this wasnt speeding...this was completee wreckless driving...The cops have no idea who was inside and why they were driving the way they did..So Imagine a felony stop was in order

FerrariTruck said:
this wasnt speeding...this was completee wreckless driving...The cops have no idea who was inside and why they were driving the way they did..So Imagine a felony stop was in order

They were racing, they knew they were racing.. but ya a little reckless ...

OCBob said:
I'm just wondering when they started doing full-on felony stops for speeding?

A bit more than just a speeder, in a tinted out car, that stopped in a school parking lot.

FastSRT19 said:
A bit more than just a speeder, in a tinted out car, that stopped in a school parking lot.
But he did stop right? And the only violations that he committed were traffic violations, correct?

Don't get me wrong, the guy was definitely in the wrong. I'm just curious as to what calls for a felony stop these days I guess. They used to be called felony stops for a reason. I've had them made on me for such things as an illegal helmet, and that's no lie.

I suppose you are the perfect guy to ask, as you do this every day. Is it simple officer discretion, or are there guidelines that one must follow?

kennygene said:
I guess the Challenger just got away?
Seems that way. The chopper seemed to have just lost him at some point. Guess he was the lucky one in all this.

But you never know, he might be dumb enough to start bragging about it and end up getting jammed up anyway hehe.

i dunno bob i think the chally saw the chopper when it was trying to keep up with the benz... and took the first damn exit he could find lol

OCBob said:
But he did stop right? And the only violations that he committed were traffic violations, correct?

Don't get me wrong, the guy was definitely in the wrong. I'm just curious as to what calls for a felony stop these days I guess. They used to be called felony stops for a reason. I've had them made on me for such things as an illegal helmet, and that's no lie.

I suppose you are the perfect guy to ask, as you do this every day. Is it simple officer discretion, or are there guidelines that one must follow?
Anything over 100mph is considered reckless endangerment and they dont like it:p but I would not know from experiance:eek: :D and at 130mph the guns come out:dontknow: :itsme:

I think it was evident he was trying to evade to police by driving through a neighborhood and then trying to hide in that parking lot. He just didn't know the chopper was on to him the whole time.

Looked like the Challenger got on a different freeway when the benz stayed on the 80 :dontknow:

I bet when the challenger guy got home he saw himself on the news and was laughing his ass off:laugh:

So Cali cops don't have more precedent issues to use all these resources?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back