Challenger vs. Benz...you can run but can't hide...

jrgnd said:
So Cali cops don't have more precedent issues to use all these resources?

more precedent... geeze no.. speeders are the worst criminal out there.. didnt you know??? dont worry about the drug runners, killers etc....

05QCSRT10 said:
I bet when the challenger guy got home he saw himself on the news and was laughing his ass off:laugh:

if you listen real close you will here them discribe the challenger as a camero or a charger ,,,they never called it a challenger ;)

That part of CA is a horrible choice for racing on the freeway. The CHP Academy is in Sacramento right off of 80! They love this kind of stuff. The rookies can get great training out of it.

I know it seemed harsh when you see the cops come up with their guns pulled, but think about it. The cops on the ground are obviously frustrated because they can't catch up to this guy. You can hear it in their voices. Then they find him, and the windows are limo tinted all the way around! I would of gone up to it with my gun in hand also. What I do think was unnecessary was the handcuffing. Especially of the passenger since he didn't seem to be breaking any laws. But like I said, this is training territory, these guys are gonna pull out all the stops.

If you want to see a cop that is not doing his job properly, here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjjF55M8JQ&feature=related

This is the short video that just shows what the cop does. The original (you can find on YouTube) shows the biker speeding and doing a wheelie. Obviously illegal.
When the biker stops, the cop blocks him, pulls out his gun, and tells him to get off the bike. The problem is that the car is unmarked, the officer is not in uniform, and he doesn't even say he's with the state police until the end. Never even shows a badge. If that was me, all I would know is that some random dude just pulled a gun on me and wants me off my bike for some reason. Scary stuff. There was obviously no need for the gun. Flashing a badge would of been just as effective. Was he going to shoot him if he rode off?

OCBob said:
But he did stop right? And the only violations that he committed were traffic violations, correct?

Don't get me wrong, the guy was definitely in the wrong. I'm just curious as to what calls for a felony stop these days I guess. They used to be called felony stops for a reason. I've had them made on me for such things as an illegal helmet, and that's no lie.

I suppose you are the perfect guy to ask, as you do this every day. Is it simple officer discretion, or are there guidelines that one must follow?

Officer discretion bud, in a situation like this, tinted windows, high speed for an extended period of time, hitting a neighborhood, then a school parking lot...ehh, i would have done the same.
I can tell ya this, tinted windows during a "high risk" stop is a pretty good reason to draw down, or at least come to the "ready" position.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back