Changed out the front some

amtrucker22

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did not like the Halo lights too much and definitely did not like the chrome grill. For now I have the factory headlights back in until I decide what blacked-out headlights I am going with.

I also installed a grillcraft grill. Definitely love that.

Before:

debadged1.jpg

After:

GC2.jpg

GC3.jpg

Now I need to order some badges to remove the blue :D

Very nice! Definitely cleaned it up. Black or yellow badges?

:rock::rock::rock:

ya think it would be a plus or minus to blacken out the yellow from the grill insert back???

Looks good, I would modify the factory headlights, the few aftermarket ones I've seen just don't fit quite right

ya think it would be a plus or minus to blacken out the yellow from the grill insert back???

Didn't even notice it until you mentioned it :eek:

You really can't tell unless you are up close and are at an angle. I had this grill on my last truck. I absolutely love it!

Looks good, I would modify the factory headlights, the few aftermarket ones I've seen just don't fit quite right

Nice. Blacked out oem looks best imo

I wish I had the skills to modify my factory lights. I use to have some 'factory looking' blacked out headlights that I got off of ebay that were ok. I think I drilled a small hole in the bottom of each one to allow the condensation to moisture to evaporate quicker. After I did that they were pretty decent. :dontknow:

You really don't have to be that skilled. Cook them in the oven at 180 to soften the sealer and separate the housing from the lens. Paint the chrome (except the bucket that reflects the light) and seal it back up.

Looks good.
How was the light output of those headlights?
I do a lot of night driving and I think the stock lights suck for output.

That grill is awesome! Think the yellow behind it looks ok from the pics.

Paul,
That is looking good, as I knew it would once you got started on it. I didn't quite know why Spud chose blue, but to each his own. I may have to rethink my Dodge honeycomb grill selection. I have gone with stock looking OEM lights, but may ultimately send my stock lights out for tinting.

Looks good.
How was the light output of those headlights?
I do a lot of night driving and I think the stock lights suck for output.

The previous headlights? He had HID's in them and they needed to be adjusted, so it is really hard to say. :dontknow:

Paul,
That is looking good, as I knew it would once you got started on it. I didn't quite know why Spud chose blue, but to each his own. I may have to rethink my Dodge honeycomb grill selection. I have gone with stock looking OEM lights, but may ultimately send my stock lights out for tinting.

I like this grill a little more as he keeps a lot of bugs out of the radiator, plus I think it looks better than the honeycomb.

My brother-in-law said DR's like blue as it is their color. Maybe that is what it was.:dontknow:

I like this grill a little more as he keeps a lot of bugs out of the radiator, plus I think it looks better than the honeycomb.

My brother-in-law said DR's like blue as it is their color. Maybe that is what it was.:dontknow:

That is probably a good assumption.

the $69 ebay ones are great for a temporary solution - the cover will start to get milky, so to speak after about 2 years, but hey, they're cheap...
i'd buy them now and have your factory lights sent off.
that company on here that did the conversions seemed reasonable to me...

how come the grille goes "out" so much? Like I can see the crosshairs behind the mesh material.

What are your plans for the halo lights?
Holding on to them or gonna off load them?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back