Changed the steering wheel for a Grant revolution

Bhpaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The oem steering wheel started to peel off on the top and it got gradually worse.
so i decided to fix it. In the end i went for a Grant Revolution steering wheel.
The picture is poor quality taken with my mobile....

Image0060.jpg

The wheel gives a more solid feel and has ergonomic formed areas. I was a little concerned if the black would match with the grey airbag from my '06. But it turned out fine.
It's a DIY which takes 45 minutes. instructions are delivered with the wheel and are easy to follow.
The only problem is deconnection of the battery. One needs to turn the wheel left and right to loosen the airbag bolts at the back of the wheel.
So, or one needs to lift the front wheels of the ground or one needs to start the engine to turn the wheels. I decided to i leave the battery connected and made sure not to turn on the ignition when the airbag was out to avoid airbag out alerts. I also took care not to be in the range of the air bag at all times.

steering wheel looks great, but out of curiosity why couldnt you disconnect the battery while the ignition was on so you could turn the wheel? i have removed a lot of airbags out of a lot of cars and never needed the battery hooked up?

I needed the battery hooked up to be able to use the power steering to turn the wheel to reach the airbag bolts.
It could be done with the front wheels off the ground to.
Leaving the front wheels on the ground and no power steering makes it hard to turn the wheel.
After all it's still a truck, not a car.;)
disconnecting the airbag and turning the ignition on will result in a airbag fail alert on the dash. Since i don't know if the alert would go away with a normal reset (my BMW needs a dealer reset when in airbag alert) i have left the ignition off while the airbag was disconnected.

Last edited:
Marco, really nice looking.
What was the price for it ?
You still have your old steering wheel ?

Arne

oh yeh , did the same wheel a year a go , awesome , nice feel, a little thicker then stock.wheel was $249.00, and they give you $40.00 back for your stock wheel, mine was mint off my yellow fever,so i kept it.

Last edited:
I just recently changed to the same wheel. I had changed out my stock wheel a couple of years ago to a different design and then found this wheel, which I like much better. My stock wheel is still in excellent shape, so I have it stored away in case I ever decide to sell, I can include it with the truck.

im not trying to be rude but you must have a desk job if you cant turn the wheel without power steering.

im not trying to be rude but you must have a desk job if you cant turn the wheel without power steering.

:D
I do have a desk job most of the time, that is right. Although i'm strong enough, turning the wheels without power steering on rough pavement is kind a hard and i don't feel good forcing the steering wheel and what's behind like that.
No offence taken. ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back