changing gears

mikeH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread, but I was reading a while back about changing gears and it was once said that going from my stock 4.10's (2004) to a 4.56 didn't require anything but the gear and that it would work with the original carrier. Then, I remember reading elsewhere that now we can also go to the 4.88's with the stock carrier. Is this true? I would like to go with the 4.88's but if it's going to be a bigger pain, I will just stick to going with the 4.56's. Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks!
-Mike

Give Devin a call at Unitrax and he'll give you your options Mike. I believe there are 4.88 to fit the 4.10 carrier. ;)
If you need me to help out due to you being overseas give me a shout bud.

Sorry to start a new thread, but I was reading a while back about changing gears and it was once said that going from my stock 4.10's (2004) to a 4.56 didn't require anything but the gear and that it would work with the original carrier. Then, I remember reading elsewhere that now we can also go to the 4.88's with the stock carrier. Is this true? I would like to go with the 4.88's but if it's going to be a bigger pain, I will just stick to going with the 4.56's. Any advice is appreciated!! Thanks!
-Mike

There is a carrier difference between the 4.10 and 4.56 gears. This means you need a different carrier unless you have specially made gears. Some installs use a big round shim between the ring gear and carrier, do not do that !

Calling UNITRAX is your absolute best bet, they are DANA experts.

--CC

I have an 04 and put in a unitrax 4.56 kit. same carrier as the 04-4.10's. No issues.... setup is critical!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back