Cheap POS Pedals

JaCeD_X

S i c k S i d e
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm driving back from a long cruise with the truck and a red light is up ahead, I go to slow down and when pressure was applied to the brake pedal, it shifted side-to-side the entire way down!

Several red lights later and an ill mood, I feel the truck isn't safe to drive anymore, fear I hit the brakes and my foot slides off and I hit someone.

So I go to inspect and find out those cheap plastic guides that Dodge used for our adjustable pedals had broken into pieces. I've read a few on here had this happen, what a PITA!

So I go to order the brake pedal assy, and it just so happens they have none of these in Canada anywhere! So they have it coming straight from the factory in the States and my truck has seen about 1 month of down time because of it, which is a big deal when it's summer!

Part cost $430 and ETA unknown still :mad:

So in the spare time, I've been wet sanding some areas on the truck and touching them up. Next is the repairing of some of the alligator crack lines on the seat, using some filler and airbrushing.

Last edited:
I think moparconnection post up a while back about a rebuild kit to fix it.... mine did it and all I did was readjust the pedal and it was tight again,,,, not fixed but no longer loose in the position it is in now.

I'll definitely be doing something else if this happens again. :)

I hate say but if you're waiting for it to come from the factory you can forget cause my truck set at the dealership for two month for them to find out that the factory doesn't make the pedal assy. for our trucks anymore

Glad I got mine fixed when I did if that's the case.

yea im glad i noticed mine when i did, pedal kept moving side to side but i fixed it before any damage was done.

Mine is just starting to get loose too. So theres just a nut on the back side? I need to go look... Yall got me curious now...haha

they do sell just the repair kit, in fact you have to jump through hoops to get the whole assembly, thats why its taking so long to get. p/n for the bushing kit 68079239AA. its about 60.00 bucks

Last edited:
they do sell just the repair kit, in fact you have to jump through hoops to get the whole assembly, thats why its taking so long to get. p/n for the bushing kit 68079239AA. its about 60.00 bucks

I hope that's right. The dealer told me it had to be whole assembly. I have been living with the wobbly pedal for two years. I have gotten used to it and hardly notice anymore. A rebuild kit would be great though.

Thanks a lot MoparConnection and TrailMix! Because of those posts you made I phoned the dealership right when they opened and asked what's the status on my part and like you said, they couldn't get me the whole assembly, only allowed for rebuild kits for various parts to do with the adjustable pedals. You just saved me from them extending the waiting time.

So the rebuilt kit will be here in one day.

Last edited:
Remove the dash to fix the hrake pedal? I fixed mine while replacing my throttle cable and then only thing i removed was the one piece under the stearing wheel for more room.

you dont have to remove the dash... instruction come in the kit to do the repair. It is a PIA though

Where under the dash is the part to tighten the pedal? What tools are needed?

It was fairly easy, just a bit of a PITA to get off.

I have schematics for a plug design but no shop will do it because it's so small and small pieces take a long time for them - in their eyes, not worth the time for the loss of running time cost. They would need the pedal arm as well as the threads would need to be tapped 5.40mm into the plug opening of the arm. Still upsetting but the rebuild kit sufficed and not looking forward to doing it again since I know I could have made it better, despite still requiring the bushings - make it a whole lot easier to change.

As for the rebuild kit. They come with instructions. Everything came apart and went back together as followed. As for tips... hopefully you had a good day prior to doing this :D

Last edited:
Back