check engine light

The catless mids are causing it if the stock downstream sensors are still in..they are sensing the exhaust moving too fast after passing thru the cats which are not there...I have electric sims on mine but Sean Roe had said just letting the sensors hang under the truck will work..

Strapping the down stream sensors to the frame works on the '04's not sure about the others. You will have to buy bung plugs for a few dollars...(17mm I think I recall). Then clear your codes by rebooting the PCM (disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for a few minutes...then reconnect.)

You are using mechanical sims, right?

Prof said:
Strapping the down stream sensors to the frame works on the '04's not sure about the others. You will have to buy bung plugs for a few dollars...(17mm I think I recall). Then clear your codes by rebooting the PCM (disconnect the negative terminal on your battery for a few minutes...then reconnect.)
it's 18mm x 1.5.......:)

FaSt-RAM-716 said:
towers that came with mid piping that prof is talking about
you mean the welded in, threaded bungs ??

if so, you don't have any sims @ all......... most of us use the mechanical sims which are an extention you put on before you re-install your o2 sensors in the back 2 bungs..... this puts the sensor farther away from the exhaust flow & tricks the cel codes.......

read the following link for more info:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15268&highlight=sims

Last edited:
Those spacers have a small hole in the bottom that restricts the amount of flow that is sensed. One of mine did not work some for some reason...so I just strapped the sensor to the frame and put a plug in the bung. No more CEL.

Well...I was really close with my guess of 17mm. Close is pretty good when you get as old as me.

Check for leaks in the exhaust, mine had a leak that caused the o2's to read improper. After the leak was fixed no more cel. Justin includes the mech sims in his kit I have the same one. No problems with his kit for me.

FaSt-RAM-716 said:
that could be the problem i got one leak ill fix that

I feel like the unwanted king with these damn catless mids. I finally got mine set straight . . . and yes, fix your leak and then see if the light goes off. My light came on after about 3-4 weeks of having the catless mids.

If you need help, feel free to PM me.

Dyno HP

TNVIPER said:
P0420-1/1 CATALYTIC CONVERTER EFFICIENCY - SRT10
P0432-2/1 CATALYTIC CONVERTER EFFICIENCY - SRT10
I am looking at much the same work as you have. What was the RWHP when you where done? Do you think now that you have it, it was better than Paxton?

RMoore said:
I am looking at much the same work as you have. What was the RWHP when you where done? Do you think now that you have it, it was better than Paxton?

You can do a search and find several threads comparing the Roe vs Paxton. Lots of good info there.

patrick

Halligan said:
You are using mechanical sims, right?
I am just starting to make mods to my truck. I have put on a Volant CAI, I dyno before and after. Beleive it or not I LOST 3 HP! Maybe because it didnt have a 100 head wind? Have you dyno with the header? If so what was it now with this set up?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back