Choices

Black1 said:
I know it is, my friend.... ;) I just didn't want anyone of these adolescent cocks to tag on the word "bush".... :argh: :dontknow: :eek: Thanks for the correction tho, I kinda figured I'd get it....

Been a long time since I've seen any bush :mad:
Danged razors ! :mad:

It sounds like you would be better off with the part time job but that depends on Bill's support and your ability to pay the bills on the lower paycheck. Taking less pay now to get in on a new and exciting opportunity is well worth it especially if you have room to grow with the new job. I see this as a great opportunity for you to get in on the ground level and grow with a company you want to work for.

Last fall I quite my job of 9 1/2 years to go work at a place where I would be closer to home and happier. I took a drop in pay, but I don't hate getting up in the morning, and I almost hate leaving at 5.

My girlfriend is now jealous because I love my job and she hates hers.

life is way too short to dread spending the 1/2 your day at.
Things you have to ask yourself is,
1. can I live on what will be paid to me?
2. Can i adjust my living standard to make it?
3. Do I want to gamble on a part-time job?
4. Is there a chance that it will turn into a full time job w/ benefits?
5. If I got let go from the part-time job, can I find another job?

I don't know what your situation is, married? kids? bills? There is a lot of thing you have to think about before you make that move.

It was easy for me, all my kids are grown and moved out, and I have lived modest life style with very little debt to my name.

My advice to everyone about major life decisions is do what your heart tells you to do. Then NEVER look back and say "if I'd only listened to this or that" and "thought of this or that", or "if I would have known this then I would have..." The problem with ALL major life decisions is that you cannot see into the future. All you can do is make the best decision based on what you know at a given point in time and take the consequences or benefits knowing that you made the best decision you could have at that moment in time.

I truly believe your heart knows the right answer and if you listen to that first gut reaction, you'll be right much more than wrong. Don't ask other's opinions, don't make a list of puts and takes, and don't agonize over it. Listen to your gut, make the decision and move on!!! If you don't you'll make your self crazy, or worse talk yourself, or let others talk you into the wrong decision and you'll likely regret it forever.

That's sage advice from an old man that has made and watched a LOT of major life decisions made over the years...

Texas Yellow Fever said:
My advice to everyone about major life decisions is do what your heart tells you to do. Then NEVER look back and say "if I'd only listened to this or that" and "thought of this or that", or "if I would have known this then I would have..." The problem with ALL major life decisions is that you cannot see into the future. All you can do is make the best decision based on what you know at a given point in time and take the consequences or benefits knowing that you made the best decision you could have at that moment in time.

I truly believe your heart knows the right answer and if you listen to that first gut reaction, you'll be right much more than wrong. Don't ask other's opinions, don't make a list of puts and takes, and don't agonize over it. Listen to your gut, make the decision and move on!!! If you don't you'll make your self crazy, or worse talk yourself, or let others talk you into the wrong decision and you'll likely regret it forever.

That's sage advice from an old man that has made and watched a LOT of major life decisions made over the years...

Amen to that....you can "shoulda coulda woulda" yourself to death, and IMO everything happens for a reason even if we don't understand what that reason is sometimes.

We cant make up your mind for you but you can be sure you have all of our support. Best of luck

Good luck, Alex - I say go for it if you can afford to :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back