Chrysler's SEMA surprise: 392 HEMI Dodge Challenger Super Stock

Very Cooooooool

Thanks Chris and Manic

so... is this thing street legal? does it come like you see in the pics? (wheelie bars,tires?):rock: :dontknow:

is this challenger available to the public? or is DODGE just showcasing the 392 (notice no metrics here)engine in this vehicle?

I think we need a STICKY THREAD to stay updated on this car that so many of us are thinking about...........

Were I lucky enough to get one, I'd probably dump the "Captain America" paint scheme (not that I'm at all unpatriotic, mind you). While it is somewhat reminiscent of the Sox & Martin, it's just a little gay for how evil that car otherwise looks and sounds.:eek:

Ram From Hell said:
Were I lucky enough to get one, I'd probably dump the "Captain America" paint scheme (not that I'm at all unpatriotic, mind you). While it is somewhat reminiscent of the Sox & Martin, it's just a little gay for how evil that car otherwise looks and sounds.:eek:
i agree, the paint on it is just awful :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

Saw an order slip for one on allpar. came to just shy of $42,000 before tags title and taxes

Its says the Challenger will do 13 seconds flat in the 1320?? I was expecting better times more like 12.5 or something

That's a terrific looking machine, but I'd wait for the '09 or so when good chances that the 6 speed, 6.4L black on black is released. Until then my 300C SRT will do just fine.

Rumormill: Dodge Challenger SS Drag package weeks away

Just like in the '60s, some people will take their new 2008 Dodge Challengers to the drags. Chrysler is reportedly ready to make this very easy for new Challenger owners. Allpar is reporting that within a few weeks, there will issue forth from Chrysler a Super Stock special version of the Challenger. The intended application is Stock Eliminator drag racing, and the cars get their own VINs and lots of lightening. Powering drivers down the strip will be versions of the Hemi and 5.9 liter Magnum V8s, twisting through manual or automatic boxes.

Jettisoning things like wipers, HVAC, sound deadening and seats make for a Challenger that's definitely not road-ready, but much lighter for track applications. 800 pounds have reportedly been trimmed out of the car through the omission of equipment and special composite body parts. Mechanicals have been modified to better suit the use, too. The main body unit gets tweaks, and the front crossmember is modified to a drop-out unit. Front brakes are largely unnecessary when the nose is in the air for part of the run, so lightweight units have been fitted. The fascia support and cooling system also get the slim-fast treatment. More information will supposedly arrive soon, but a 1,320-pounding neo-E body pony car appears close at hand.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/30/rumormill-dodge-challenger-ss-drag-car-package-weeks-away/

Someone has just stroked my Pavlovian "G" spot.....

G for Gotta Get that Goat!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back