Clatter

jj2329

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to see if this is normal. At around 2k rpm under slight acceleration I have a clatter, kinda sounds like a empty soda can with a rock in it being shook. '04 RC, anyone had this issue.

Looking to see if this is normal. At around 2k rpm under slight acceleration I have a clatter, kinda sounds like a empty soda can with a rock in it being shook. '04 RC, anyone had this issue.

First of all, welcome to the VTCoA. Secondly, we need a little more information. Did you recently change your oil? How long have you had the truck? Has is always done this, or did it recently start? You may also want to make a video of the sound. It's easier for the guys on here to help if they can actually hear the sound.

No codes, runs great. Only makes the low clatter sound at a slight accel. Almost like something is loose on the exhaust. Just had the exhaust done today, cat delete into a magnaflow.

The clatter is still there even after new exhuast. If your not listening fo it you won't notice it. Won't make the noice if parked and revving it.

Heat shield on exhaust manafolds have been know to rattle and if you have a magnablow, they have been known to rattle too

old gas???

wrong octane,too low???

is she a RC or QC????

if ya need an exhaust heat shield, got one

Can you fix the rattle on heat shields ?

Just reach down and see if they move (cold engine of course). If they don't move, they are probably OK, the ones I've seen pictures of were cracked

The clatter is still there even after new exhuast. If your not listening fo it you won't notice it. Won't make the noice if parked and revving it.

If it wasn't for this post, I would say check your exhaust hangers, they have been known to break loose too...... glade I read this post LOL

can ya get 93 in your area???

My passenger side exhaust manifold heat shield does the same thing.

take a crowbar and bend it slightly away from the manifold. It touches near the back of the manifold.

I'll check around for 93. Hey J any luck with my registry yet.

yes, got two build numbers over the weekend while I was away, have them out tonight

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back