Clay Bar

BlackMamba50

#10pistonkilla
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I've been tooling around with improving my wax game! I used the old clay bar on my baby! Was a pain in the arse, but the final result was great! Took some inspiration from this chap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkmZveqyU5E
DSC00661.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00670.jpg

sweet:rock: :rock: :rock:

that clay bar is awesome stuff.

i use Griot's clay bar with the machine.

amazin how much stuff is still on your paint after a good wash

I've been thinking of using a bar on mine and also doing my calipers while waiting on the wheels to get here:D

Clay Bar is time consuming but I am very happy with the final out come. The prep work prior to waxing is def worth it. There is a lot of pollen here in VA. Clay Bar has made it easier to wipe off the yellow every morning! Next time around Im gonna go crazy for a show room finish.

I have used turtle was liquid clay, i think it works well.

remember if you clay is, you need to wax it right after.

Usually when my wife is out of town i do it over the weekend.

Perfectamundo!!! Looks great! Nice pics too!

Maybe you can give us some of the brutal details of using the clay bar, or maybe someone can chime in.....haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna.

ZCx said:
sweet:rock: :rock: :rock:

that clay bar is awesome stuff.

i use Griot's clay bar with the machine.

amazin how much stuff is still on your paint after a good wash

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Troy's QC SRT said:
how long did it really take you and did you wax it afterwards?

I spent 4 hours on the clay bar, 2 hours on the wax! I used all Meguiars products. For the wax I used their Liquid Gold! All done by hand!

BlackMamba50 said:
I spent 4 hours on the clay bar, 2 hours on the wax! I used all Meguiars products. For the wax I used their Liquid Gold! All done by hand!

Cool thanks, thats not that bad at all i suppose! I just will need to find a nice shaded place to do it.....

Cruster said:
Perfectamundo!!! Looks great! Nice pics too!

Maybe you can give us some of the brutal details of using the clay bar, or maybe someone can chime in.....haven't tried it yet, but I'm gonna.

1. Use the detailing spray from the same company as the clay bar. For instance, if you buy the Meguiar's bar, buy their detailing spray. I tried using the Meguiar's bar with Griot's detailing spray and they didn't like each other. :dontknow: :eek:

2. Wash the truck with (regular) Dawn dish soap first. This will strip all the old wax and oils from the surface.

3. Read the instructions with the clay bar. But, one good tip is keep both the bar and the paint surface as wet (w/ detailing spray) as possible.

4. When working back and forth over the paint with the bar, let your thumb and pinky-finger drag on the surface. This will allow you to "feel" where you've been as you go along.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back