clear coat peeling?

evanandretti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
right under my headlight on my bumper the clear looks like it's starting to peel. any one have any issues like this? how can i fix it and stop it from spreading?

My Dakota started to get little bubbles and started to whiten on the hood and roof last summer....as of today the entire hood ,roof, front fenders and bed rails are doing the same thing ----I is like a cancer of the clear coat,,,,it will probably peel itself completely before the ends of summer..... I would like to know why myself ??????....I see a hell of a lot of dodge vehicles loosing the clear coat.......

I know there was problems in the past (my 96 clear coat had problems) but i wouldnt think you would be having problems with a factory clearcoat on an 06.

Did u get a carfax, has it been repainted?

I know there was problems in the past (my 96 clear coat had problems) but i wouldnt think you would be having problems with a factory clearcoat on an 06.

Did u get a carfax, has it been repainted?

My Dakota is a 2002 ,,, My 10 is a 2005 with no problem except the front and rear bumper covers seem to have lost the shine evenly.. I contacted Dodge and a Rep., they would not fix it even with a good will gesture......Making me believe that dodge has never taken care of the problem and is continuing even to day.....

My paint on the truck looks good all over except for the Front bumper I am having the same problem and mine has never been repainted

The older neons had a bad paint for the first gen years.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back