Clutch is smoked... Suggestions?

I just put a centerforce in mine, same boat as you the weather sucks here in Ma. I had the same screech the very first time I used the truck. The only difference from yours is I have a stock machined flywheel.

I think I've asked you this before but where in MA are you?

I'm between tauton and Fall River

Do you know Mike (Tincup)? I think he lives somewhere near you. I had just met him about a month ago for some wheels. I met up with him down near the junction of 24 and 495... I think that's in your neck of the woods...?

Don't know him but yea I'm 15 min from there. What part are you from?

Don't know him but yea I'm 15 min from there. What part are you from?

I live out in the Brookfields, about 20-25 west of Worcester. I live about 3 minutes from route 9, and about 15 minutes from exit 9 (junction of 84) off of the Pike.

I live out in the Brookfields, about 20-25 west of Worcester. I live about 3 minutes from route 9, and about 15 minutes from exit 9 (junction of 84) off of the Pike.

Just look for the huge long burnout marks and you know your getting close haha :burnout: luckily I just got new tires on the back of the truck and hopefully doing my gears soon so I can contribute more :D

Just look for the huge long burnout marks and you know your getting close haha :burnout: luckily I just got new tires on the back of the truck and hopefully doing my gears soon so I can contribute more :D

I have to admit I'm already double guessing myself about keeping the 4:10's and making it up in HP. I really feel like this thing is way to high geared with these.

I have to admit I'm already double guessing myself about keeping the 4:10's and making it up in HP. I really feel like this thing is way to high geared with these.
Going from a Viper to the truck doesn't help matters any. Unless your truck is low on power which could explain the feeling.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Going from a Viper to the truck doesn't help matters any. Unless your truck is low on power which could explain the feeling.

Ya that doesn't help, Lol! Not even comparing to my Viper, I just remember how easy it was to light the tires up in my last SRT Ram. Although that truck probably had at least an extra 50 HP with the mods I had on it in combination with the 4:56 gears.

Ya that doesn't help, Lol! Not even comparing to my Viper, I just remember how easy it was to light the tires up in my last SRT Ram. Although that truck probably had at least an extra 50 HP with the mods I had on it in combination with the 4:56 gears.
I know mine will do it with ease with 4.10s. A dyno might do some good.

I know mine will do it with ease with 4.10s. A dyno might do some good.

Ya either that or I'll head up to the track once they open for the season. I've been there enough that I know where this truck should be. I know it's not going to run a 12.6 like my last truck but I'd honestly be happy with a 12.99! Lol! Who knows though, launching with 4:10's has got to be a bit different.

Ya either that or I'll head up to the track once they open for the season. I've been there enough that I know where this truck should be. I know it's not going to run a 12.6 like my last truck but I'd honestly be happy with a 12.99! Lol! Who knows though, launching with 4:10's has got to be a bit different.
Mine with 4.10s on drs with can tune ran 12.76 @108. My posi clutches were tip top at the time and was my last decent pass before they went completely.

A 12.99 is absolutely doable, are you going to be all stock minus the clutch upgrades?

A 12.99 is absolutely doable, are you going to be all stock minus the clutch upgrades?

There is also an underdrive pulley on it, it was there when I bought the truck. The Fidanza is the only thing this truck has that my other didn't. I'm pretty sure my best stock time with my other truck was a 12.95, but it had 4:56's.

There is also an underdrive pulley on it, it was there when I bought the truck. The Fidanza is the only thing this truck has that my other didn't. I'm pretty sure my best stock time with my other truck was a 12.95, but it had 4:56's.

I have gone 13.07 in a completely bone stock 04, but that was with a negative DA.

Definitely post up how it does. Hopefully it's got all the power it's supposed to.

I have gone 13.07 in a completely bone stock 04, but that was with a negative DA.

I went 12.8 with paper plates in an '05, and blaine went 12.7 in an '04 at a Houston gtg with quiet a few forum members there. Da was -200ish 12.9's are easily possible is you can launch

I went 12.8 with paper plates in an '05, and blaine went 12.7 in an '04 at a Houston gtg with quiet a few forum members there. Da was -200ish 12.9's are easily possible is you can launch

Wow! That is impressive! Were these times on stock tires?

If not mistaken they were the Eagles/Pacers with 390s
60ft is where it's at. Imagine my fat quad cab cutting 1.63 60ft! It felt like the dash wanted to rip off and hit me in the face. Hard to fathom low 1's 60ft or faster. G Forces in my overweight truck were substantial. Sure wish I'd sprayed her. :(

Impressive, Like stealth asked, was it on stock tires?

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back