clutch on its way out??!

SRTcracka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since our little GTG and racing the other day, my clutch seems to be acting differently! :(

It does not engage until the pedal is almost all of the way out...use to be about 2/3 pedal out or so, and it seems to be getting worse. I also remember hearing a loud "ping" at the end of my last burnout..right when it hooked up. I stabbed it in first today and it barely broke the tires loose. I think my clutch is pretty much toast.

What do yall think?? Clutch upgrade time?:dontknow: :dontknow:

SRTcracka said:
Since our little GTG and racing the other day, my clutch seems to be acting differently! :(

It does not engage until the pedal is almost all of the way out...use to be about 2/3 pedal out or so, and it seems to be getting worse. I also remember hearing a loud "ping" at the end of my last burnout..right when it hooked up. I stabbed it in first today and it barely broke the tires loose. I think my clutch is pretty much toast.

What do yall think?? Clutch upgrade time?:dontknow: :dontknow:
You peddle release point wont change as you clutch wears out, more likley is your slave going out and your clutch worn... Check the color and level of the clutch fluid, you mab find you almost out of fluid or that the fluid is black.

BigRed460 said:
You peddle release point wont change as you clutch wears out, more likley is your slave going out and your clutch worn... Check the color and level of the clutch fluid, you mab find you almost out of fluid or that the fluid is black.

The fluid level is ok, but it is dark brown and cloudy. Is that the slave going bad? If so, should I stop driving it, or is it ok to keep limping along unitl my clutch arrives?

The clutch level changes - it is "self-adjusting" per a viper tech. However, the clutch that comes in our stock truck is a giant POS. If you drop the hammer and dump the clutch you will go through it very quickly. The viper slave, from what I hear, is the ideal upgrade. It's def the next mod on my list.

Is the Fidanza flywheel worth the extra cost? I plan on doing some light towing now that I will be upgrading the clutch. Is the Fidanza ok for that kind of use?

mauiSRT/10 said:
Slave melts like ice cream when you run the truck hard. Upgrade to the viper master/slave. Make sure you get the two shims needed for it to work.

patrick

Werd.................:rock:

For RCs the Viper clutch hydraulics system mod is the very first thing I'd do....

Trust me on this......... you should also shield the clutch hydraulic lines from all heat sources......

D

I am going through the same issue i have learned alot in the past week. Check out the thread I posted yesterday. Its almost half and half it seems on the fly wheel. The set up that seems to work the best is the Centerforce and the Mast/Slave Upgrade from Justin. Thats the way I think I am going to go. I am gettin a new stock Flywheel.

This was my flywheel after 2 trips to the drag strip...clutch caused this....clutch was almost in the rivots...now have a Centerforce, new stock flywheel and master/slave kit...shifts and feels muchhhhhh better....:rock: ....a must do mod in my book...

000_0060-1.jpg

will do....certainly dont wont to take any chances after spending $1000 plus and the aggrivation of changing it.

BTW - how does the slave cylinder come out of the tranny, or how is it held in....I can't tell by just by looking under the truck.

SRTcracka said:
Is the Fidanza flywheel worth the extra cost? I plan on doing some light towing now that I will be upgrading the clutch. Is the Fidanza ok for that kind of use?

Makes the truck harder to drive in town.I would advise against it if towing anything at all.Stocker feels much better to me ( I have had both and went back to the stocker)

SRTcracka said:
will do....certainly dont wont to take any chances after spending $1000 plus and the aggrivation of changing it.

BTW - how does the slave cylinder come out of the tranny, or how is it held in....I can't tell by just by looking under the truck.
pull your tranny off and it is bolted to the transmission

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back