clutch on its way out??!

Halligan said:
the clutch that comes in our stock truck is a giant POS. If you drop the hammer and dump the clutch you will go through it very quickly.

This is exactly why I didn’t drive her hard. As a result my OEM clutch setup lasted to 32k miles before I implemented the upgrade of the whole sha-bang. I've seen some trucks make it to 8k to 12k miles before an upgrade was drastically necessary. Now that the system in #1900 is pretty much bullet proof I have absolutely zero issues :)dontknow: because I STILL don't drive her hard)..

Thanks for the info and pics 505! That helps to visualize.

BTW - it took me a while to get to the pics because I was too busy staring at the girl on your sig!!! :rock: :rock: DAMN!!!

Oh....and I ordered my new flywheel from the dealer today for $143.20. I didn't realize that I knew so many people in the parts departmant at the Dodge dealer. That's probably a good thing! :rock: :rock: I'll be ordering the clutch from JMB in a few days.

505'sFastestViper. said:
besure to break in the centeforce 500 miles or it will be toast just as quick as a oem i promise i toasted mine in 185 miles done kupoot

Damn That girl is a Must too:rock: :rock:

Thanks to this site, when I purchased my truck, I ordered a clutch slave and master cylinder kit from Justin @ JMB.
Nothing worse than a weak factory clutch. This is without even having driven my truck let alone an SRT10 Ram.

Qiuck question...do I have to take the tranny out to change the slave cylinder?? It's on the outside of the bellhousing right??

...went to put my truck in gear today at work and it just ground! I was trying to limp along, but it petered put on me a little prematurely. :(

SRTcracka said:
Qiuck question...do I have to take the tranny out to change the slave cylinder?? It's on the outside of the bellhousing right??

...went to put my truck in gear today at work and it just ground! I was trying to limp along, but it petered put on me a little prematurely. :(

tranny has to come out bo:D

but try bleeding the system, it sometimes helps, and when you install the new stuff, replace the fluid with hi temp fluid

while the clutch might be almost gone, try bleeding it, I have seem some that thought the clutch was completely gone, and the fluid had just gotten to hot and broke down;) make sure the line from the master to the slave isnt near any exhaust

My Factory clutch lasted about 14,000 hard miles:dontknow: :D
I love my new Center Force!!!:rock: :burnout:

Stinker said:
while the clutch might be almost gone, try bleeding it, I have seem some that thought the clutch was completely gone, and the fluid had just gotten to hot and broke down;) make sure the line from the master to the slave isnt near any exhaust

Ok will do. The line is near exhaust, but is wrapped up pretty good. Yeah, it's kinda weird that it was working ok, then nothing after it sat all day. There was about a 30 degree drop in temp today, though. That may have contributed.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back