Clutch problem?

I figure that when I slap a blower on the truck (which may be several years) i'll upgrade stuff, but for the meantime i'll probably just go with stock stuff. I like the feel and its not as expensive.

The upgraded stuff is stock stuff too, they are just stock viper components.

Noticed something this morning.

The clutch pedal was "tighter" than usual. Like required more effort to push it in until I pushed it in and out a few times then it felt like normal.

Think that is fluid related?

The clutch pedal was "tighter" than usual. Like required more effort to push it in until I pushed it in and out a few times then it felt like normal.

These clutches are heavy to begin, when something starts going wrong they start to feel light. At least mine did.

Compared to your viper which clutch feels heavier?

With a description like that, yes

These clutches are heavy to begin, when something starts going wrong they start to feel light. At least mine did.

Compared to your viper which clutch feels heavier?

Truck is much much firmer than the Viper. Viper is super light.

The clutch in the truck is a Spec stage 2 though. So it isn't stock.

Having the fluid bled tomorrow.

Truck is much much firmer than the Viper. Viper is super light.

The clutch in the truck is a Spec stage 2 though. So it isn't stock.

Having the fluid bled tomorrow.
How do you like that stage 2? I'm in the market for a new clutch and I'm considering the stage 2 or and the stage 2+

Found some stuff out!

Had the hydraulic clutch system completely drained/flushed.. the tech said it was full of "nasty shit"! After the system was bled, the clutch pedal issue seems to have completely gone away! Also clutch engagement is awesome now. I was noticing that my truck would "lug" recently too and now it feels new. Feels snappier now too.

I've had a periodic check engine light on the truck. It seems that the PCM is calling for a TPS system recalibration. Unfortunately I cant take it to Dodge or else they may revert it back to an automatic transmission PCM.... is that so? Or will it remain manual transmission tune?

My front pads are at 20%

My tires are 5 years old and are starting to get a little choppy.

For the last 6 years that I have owned the truck every time I full up the tank at the end it pukes fuel out all over the place... how can I get that to stop? Its a mess and fucking annoying!

Overall I am pleased. I am glad I listened to you guys and had the system bled before I just bought a clutch. Thank you.

Last edited:
Found some stuff out!

Had the hydraulic clutch system completely drained/flushed.. the tech said it was full of "nasty shit"! After the system was bled, the clutch pedal issue seems to have completely gone away! Also clutch engagement is awesome now. I was noticing that my truck would "lug" recently too and now it feels new. Feels snappier now too.

I've had a periodic check engine light on the truck. It seems that the PCM is calling for a TPS system recalibration. Unfortunately I cant take it to Dodge or else they may revert it back to an automatic transmission PCM.... is that so? Or will it remain manual transmission tune?

My front pads are at 20%

My tires are 5 years old and are starting to get a little choppy.

Overall I am pleased. I am glad I listened to you guys and had the system bled before I just bought a clutch. Thank you.

They can do a throttle re-learn without flashing the PCM. It would be in your best interest to insist to the service advisor that they DO NOT FLASH THE PCM!!!! Make sure he writes it on the RO and highlights it and circles it, lol. I'm glad the clutch bleeding took care of your issues too. :D

They can do a throttle re-learn without flashing the PCM. It would be in your best interest to insist to the service advisor that they DO NOT FLASH THE PCM!!!! Make sure he writes it on the RO and highlights it and circles it, lol. I'm glad the clutch bleeding took care of your issues too. :D

Oh they can? Hmmmmmm.... ok I need to go do that then.

I really need to take the truck to torrie and have it tuned too. I know im leaving power on the table. Haven't tuned it with the headers and TB.

I learned a long time ago to do a quick flush of my clutch fluid every oil change. All I would do is empty/refill the resvr. I ended swapping to the viper slave at 150K miles just because.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back