Clutch question

Do you guys know where i can get a new shim in case they lost mine (what's probably happened)?

Your clutch wont totally disengage and you will smell clutch burning during high rpm shifts.

if that's the case, you have a problem.

clutch should be on or off.

the only time you will smell clutch is if it's slipping - leaving a redlight, pulling into a awkward space, or slipping during a drag race.

if you smell it during daily driving, it's wrong.

the only time you will smell clutch is if it's slipping - leaving a redlight, pulling into a awkward space, or slipping during a drag race.

I don't smell it during normal driving, just under heavy acceleration and high rpm

without the shims the release bearing would be to far back. wouldn't disengage. the problem is that the release bearing isn't letting go completely. maybe to much shim.
Take it back to who ever installed it all and let them know something is wrong. Hate to have something fly apart under there!!

What about driving up hill?

You should not smell clutch pretty much ever.

If your clutch is slipping while you are in gear and the clutch pedal is all the way out- you have a problem. Something is not right. Stop driving it. Get it looked it. You might ruin your clutch and flywheel in the process.

without the shims the release bearing would be to far back. wouldn't disengage. the problem is that the release bearing isn't letting go completely. maybe to much shim.
Take it back to who ever installed it all and let them know something is wrong. Hate to have something fly apart under there!!

Thanks. The truck is going back to the shop next week. I'm assuming the clutch is damaged to some degree. If I decided to go with the new clutch is it worth it to upgrade to Spec Stage 2+ or Stage 1 will be enough for my application (stock)?

I have a centerforce and have not had any problems with it. It is good when you can spin perelli's at 60mph in 3rd gear!! No clutch smell. Turbos are awesomely scary!!

Thanks. The truck is going back to the shop next week. I'm assuming the clutch is damaged to some degree. If I decided to go with the new clutch is it worth it to upgrade to Spec Stage 2+ or Stage 1 will be enough for my application (stock)?

Say no to Spec! :eek:

I have a Spec stage 2 and love it. Great engagement and great feedback with tehe clutch pedal.

When i rebuild the transmission i'll get another one. Pedal is a lot stiffer than the Viper but i like it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back