CODE

DJCHEROKEE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY TRUCK TREW THIS CODE
P0174-2/1 FUEL SYSTEM LEAN - SRT10

DOES ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT DOES IT MEANS?????

AND IS ALSO RUNNING KIND OF ROUGH AND ALSO LIKE WHITE OR GREY SMOKE IS LIKE COMING FROM THE PASSERNGER SIDE OF THE MOTOR:dontknow:

YOU DONE GONE AND DONE IT!!!!, NAW J/K HAVE NO IDEA WHATS WRONG WITH IT

SANCHOBA said:
is it or was it "knocking"?
IS STILL DOING IT....
ALSO THE SMELL OF THE SMOKE IS REAL STRONG... SMELL PRETTY BAD AND IT HURT YOUR EYES:dontknow: ....

Hmmm, I just had the same thing but was related to my older VEC2 runnning VEC3 variables that were not applicable ;)

Did you swap out those O2 sensors yet ?:dontknow: Would bet that they are mucked up and the PCM is trying to tweak the tune to compensate and running rich as hell.

Swap them out, remove the negative terminal on the battery, unplug the PCM. Wait about 30mins, plug the PCM back in and connect the battery.

DJCHEROKEE said:
IS STILL DOING IT....
ALSO THE SMELL OF THE SMOKE IS REAL STRONG... SMELL PRETTY BAD AND IT HURT YOUR EYES:dontknow: ....

Be CAREFUL with any condition where the truck MIGHT be running lean! Especially if you can hear it knocking!!

I don't know what the code is exactly, but if it says Fuel System Lean, I would assume that it was until I knew for sure it wasn't, and park that bad boy!!

Also, smoke from the engine is not nice! White smoke also can indicate a lean condition.

Find out for sure what it is before driving it anymore!

JMHO!

YEAH... HAS BEEN PARKING SINCE LAST SATURDAY NIGHT....
WE CRANK IT UP FEW MINUTES AGO... AND NOT EVEN 30 SEC. THE SMELL WAS VERY STRONG.... AND IT WAS STARING TO HURT OUR EYES... IT ALSO SEEMS LIKE A BAD SPARK PLUG OR SOMETHING:dontknow:

mmmmtorque said:
Hmmm, I just had the same thing but was related to my older VEC2 runnning VEC3 variables that were not applicable ;)

Did you swap out those O2 sensors yet ?:dontknow: Would bet that they are mucked up and the PCM is trying to tweak the tune to compensate and running rich as hell.

Swap them out, remove the negative terminal on the battery, unplug the PCM. Wait about 30mins, plug the PCM back in and connect the battery.

NO NOT YET.... WILL TRY THAT

DJCHEROKEE said:
YEAH... HAS BEEN PARKING SINCE LAST SATURDAY NIGHT....
WE CRANK IT UP FEW MINUTES AGO... AND NOT EVEN 30 SEC. THE SMELL WAS VERY STRONG.... AND IT WAS STARING TO HURT OUR EYES... IT ALSO SEEMS LIKE A BAD SPARK PLUG OR SOMETHING:dontknow:

I would think you'd get a mis-fire code then, from that particular cylinder.

THE ONLY CODE IS GIVINGME IS

Sounds like it could either be a faulty PCM, or your passenger side 02 went bad. Your additives are richening up bank 2 due to the 02's seeing a lean condition, in effect, setting off a check engine light for Lean, and burning eyes from it trying to dump fuel in there.

Number of things to check...

Easy way, go under the truck, swap the 2 front 02 sensor, reset the PCM (disconnect the battery cable, or unplug the pcm) and see if it throws a code on the other side...if it does, your 02 is bad. If it doesn't do anything, then you can leave the 02's swapped (same part numbers) and start looking @ your injectors.

Pull the plugs and see which cylinder is running lean. Or get a noid light and check each injector and make sure its not clogged / power, etc..Pull the plugs out too.

Start there and let us know.

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
Sounds like it could either be a faulty PCM, or your passenger side 02 went bad. Your additives are richening up bank 2 due to the 02's seeing a lean condition, in effect, setting off a check engine light for Lean, and burning eyes from it trying to dump fuel in there.

Number of things to check...

Easy way, go under the truck, swap the 2 front 02 sensor, reset the PCM (disconnect the battery cable, or unplug the pcm) and see if it throws a code on the other side...if it does, your 02 is bad. If it doesn't do anything, then you can leave the 02's swapped (same part numbers) and start looking @ your injectors.

Pull the plugs and see which cylinder is running lean. Or get a noid light and check each injector and make sure its not clogged / power, etc..Pull the plugs out too.

Start there and let us know.

-Red

He has been running the stock O2 sensors without any cats for awhile ;)

I would try what Red suggested and swap the 2 front O2 sensors (if the connectors are the same). Also look at the spark plugs on the passenger side.

Something else that has a horrible smell when burnt is coolant and it will be white smoke :(

Stingray said:
I would try what Red suggested and swap the 2 front O2 sensors (if the connectors are the same). Also look at the spark plugs on the passenger side.

Something else that has a horrible smell when burnt is coolant and it will be white smoke :(

Head gasket this early in the game. A long shot but maybe.

DJCHEROKEE said:
MY TRUCK TREW THIS CODE

DOES ANYBODY KNOWS WHAT DOES IT MEANS?????

AND IS ALSO RUNNING KIND OF ROUGH AND ALSO LIKE WHITE OR GREY SMOKE IS LIKE COMING FROM THE PASSERNGER SIDE OF THE MOTOR:dontknow:

Which truck?

Just something to check I don't know much about these v-10's
but I'm learning. My Lightning did almost the same thing and I
had a injector that went bad and was throwing the whole works
out of wack.

Have you done a compression test?

Run2Speed said:
Just something to check I don't know much about these v-10's
but I'm learning. My Lightning did almost the same thing and I
had a injector that went bad and was throwing the whole works
out of wack.

Extra special welcome to Ex Lighning owners that migrate to the best. So how does the SRT feel compared to the Lighning.

Woooha...this is an '06...get to a trusted dealer...(may be a oxymoron) if it is running lean (eyes burning plus code) nothing to fool with since the Viper Tech will find it immediately...right after a call to Boomer to see about the possibility of a pcm issue.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back